Nissan Titan Forum banner

netflix "restrepo"

897 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  El Mamito USMC 
#1 ·
hey everyone just finished watching a documentry called "restrepo," I just wanted to say thanks to the men and women on this forum who have served for the U.S. forces.I believe its a great documentry on how life goes being in afganistan as a soldier. THANKS :)

#2 ·
I haven't watched that one yet...

They have some good documentaries on there!

Reactions: 08crewcab
#5 ·
I watched it like a month ago and most of us being guys we dont get to emotional with movies but Restrepo with get to you. Its a sad movie really makes you realize what some of our friends and family are going through over there. You HAVE TO watch this movie. "Restrepo" = Reality Check Big Time! Big thanks to all our SOLDIERS! You guys are some of the toughest people I know if not physically you all are mentally!

#6 ·
Restrepo is an outstanding flick. I made all my soldiers watch it to realize how good things are for them. I do/did have guys out in Butt F*** Iraq, they said they would rather be at their hell holes compared to where these guys were. The 173rd (the unit that was filmed for this movie) had a very storied deployment, including a MOH awardee. I know many people that got to hang out in the Valley of Death and they are each very grateful to be around to talk about it. In other news....Bags are packed and journey from Tikrit to Baghdad starts tomorrow night!

Reactions: 08crewcab
#9 ·
great flick! Loves his country-men/women.

#10 ·
anytime, Sir...
Great program. One memorable WTF are we doing moment: US military is telling ancient locals about building new road and wonderful progress to follow. Ancient locals, have no interest, respond by asking $500 for compensation for dead cow.
this sounds really familiar, jajaja
^^seriously I bet that question comes up on every mission they're doing "WTF are we doing?"
like you have no idea....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.