Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new 2014 Pro4x CC. The dealer/factory mods include a 6" lift, 20 inch wheels and big *** Toyo tires. LOVE THIS TRUCK. 3.357 gear. All the big tow stuff and all the bells and whistles inside.

I live in Alaska and it time to prepare for the snow. I would like to run studded tires on the 20" rims. The problem is the only tire sizing I can find on the tire says 35x12.5R20LT. I've never drove a lifted truck and never needed tires this size. Anyone have any experience with this and can educate me?

TIA

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
If they are AT or MT tires, I wouldn't bother with winter tires. I run mud tires all year long here in Eastern Canada, and never have any issues. You have to be a bit more careful on ice than with a studded tire, but you always have to be careful on ice. Anyway, your truck would look funny with regular sized truck winter tires due to the big lift, so if you are dead set on studs for the winter, you could get a set of studdable mud tires such as Firestone Destination MT, Hercules Trail digger or another similar tire. Both those tires I mentioned are available in 35 x 12.50, and if you are getting a second set of tires, you might as well get rims for them to make changing easier. You will probably do better going for an 18" rim, because 35x12.50r20 will cost a lot, and you could probably get 35x12.50r18 with rims for less than the 20" tires alone. I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts