Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 SE KING CAB 4X4 runs great but what mods are there out there for it. The stillen chip is only for 06 and can't find a volant cold air kit. So i need some help. Trying to stay in a tight spending range.:rockon :rockon

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have been in Contact with Stillen about a VK-PRO for the 07 and 08's. They are working on it, before the end of the year is what I've been told. Our motors have VVT where the 04-06's do not. CAI's should all be the same even if they dont list an 08 application. I had the same issue with my 07 when looking for a CAI. Hope this helps

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grrrrrrr :crybaby: I found a scratch in my leather on my door and not even 24 hours old yet. That sucks. They said they would replace it but still it sucks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
BigJ said:
I have been in Contact with Stillen about a VK-PRO for the 07 and 08's. They are working on it, before the end of the year is what I've been told. Our motors have VVT where the 04-06's do not. CAI's should all be the same even if they dont list an 08 application. I had the same issue with my 07 when looking for a CAI. Hope this helps
Keep up to date.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I talked to a guy at stillen today about the VK Pro for the 08 titan, He told me it would be around the first of the year! He also told me you should expect more power from the 08's than preveous years after installing the VK Pro! That's all I know about!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,

New to the site as well. Looking for mods and lift advise. I would like to go bigger on the tires without haveing to add a lifft kit.

08 XE 2WD,CC,LB
no mods at this time

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wchill said:
Hi all,

New to the site as well. Looking for mods and lift advise. I would like to go bigger on the tires without haveing to add a lifft kit.

08 XE 2WD,CC,LB
no mods at this time
I do not think you can lift the 08 there is something about that under performance.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would start with a cold air intake. The 08 has a different exhaust so not a lot of dyno runs done so far with the exhaust change. If the Vk-pro does come out for the 08 then there is the first step, people say it helped tones. I am waiting on bullydog or edge to do something, i might be waiting until the end of the world also.:hat:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I sent the question to Greg over at PRG Products and he advised the spacer kit they sell for the 07 will fit the 08. Here is the email he sent me.

"To get the 4wd Titan look, you would need the 2" front kit and the 1" rear. It will actually be a tad taller than a 4wd all the way around, but it will look much better."

Did not ask him for anything taller though. I just want that factory look because the front end sits down way to low for me.

The one thing I have been searching for is the radio dash kit. Scosche told me two months. I have been looking all over the internet. I wait patiently unless someone else has ideas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is Volant CAI?
what is Vk-pro?

Are theses type of parts or the names for the part?

I was thinking about an AFE air intake. Has anyone tried or have one installed?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
wchill said:
What is Volant CAI?
what is Vk-pro?

Are theses type of parts or the names for the part?

I was thinking about an AFE air intake. Has anyone tried or have one installed?
Volant CAI = Volant cold air intake.
www.volant.com

VK Pro = Stillen piggy back module (some would call it a chip) only avaiable for the 04-06.
www.stillen.com

Stay away from the AFE as most peoples who got one report a SES/CEL light.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
primetime said:
I do not think you can lift the 08 there is something about that under performance.
I drove one the other day that the dealer had just gotten back from install of lift and drives like a stock stance truck. Same power IMO.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just look around under some of the performance threads. People on here have tried about everything. The Vk-pro is not ready for the 08 yet but you can find it on the stillen web-site and then the intake is on www.volant.com the 07 and 08 part number are the same or they say they are if you call.:computern

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I was reading the your replies about the 08' lifts kits and was curious what is the highest they make. I recently just got an 08' PRO 4X and was told that there are no kits made for them yet. Your help is well appreciated.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
dlguerreroj said:
Hi,

I was reading the your replies about the 08' lifts kits and was curious what is the highest they make. I recently just got an 08' PRO 4X and was told that there are no kits made for them yet. Your help is well appreciated.
Bulletproof makes a 12" kit (I beleive), although I'm not sure if it has been slapped on an 08' yet. I have the 6" Fabtech on my 08' Pro 4x...and I imagine all of the 6" kits will work on the 08's, since all of the kits are virtually the same.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.