Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Titan SV 4x4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time Titan owner. Titan SV 4x4. Traded in my 2019 F150. Due to the chip shortage I was able to get equity out of my trade and decided to try something different. Ive had Silverado, F150s, a Ram and a Tundra. Overall I like it so far. Impressed with all of the tech that comes standard even in a mid trim.

So far my only minor complaints are that it definitely feels smaller than all of the other trucks I've had and I'm already noticing the lack of aftermarket support as opposed to the competition.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,237 Posts
welcome.

yes, you will have a harder time finding bolt on stuff. the market is a lot smaller for the titans and especially the newest body style. i see you got it in west texas. we took ours out that way and had to stop at one of the dealers that way and those guys were so nice. we were 8 hours from home and they took us in immediately and got us back on the road.

it might feel smaller but its really not, ha ha ha.

anyways, hopefully you enjoy that truck

·
Registered
317 Posts
welcome. Like the ride. Yeah, aftermarket is pretty much null. Be glad you don't have a Frontier, you'd cry in the bathroom eating cake.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,317 Posts
Welcome, the truck definitely feels a little smaller, but it's a capable vehicle. And you're right about the amount of features for the money. And you're also on the money about the aftermarket, which I wish wasn't the case, but it is what it is. I'm on board with that color too! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on taking the red pill. It sounds like you still have a touch of Big 3 withdrawal. It is normal. The cure is simple, keep driving it! You made an excellent choice, chip shortage or not. Your Titan will give you years of reliable service.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
First time Titan owner. Titan SV 4x4. Traded in my 2019 F150. Due to the chip shortage I was able to get equity out of my trade and decided to try something different. Ive had Silverado, F150s, a Ram and a Tundra. Overall I like it so far. Impressed with all of the tech that comes standard even in a mid trim.

So far my only minor complaints are that it definitely feels smaller than all of the other trucks I've had and I'm already noticing the lack of aftermarket support as opposed to the competition.

View attachment 552090

I was a little curious about your assessment as I wonder if I've been out of trucks for long enough that it feels bigger to me until I get next to another brand. We seem to be right there based on the numbers below (grabbed from doing a google search for "Dimensions" on each 1500 series truck). I suspect because maybe our hoods sit a little lower as they seem to be a bit more aerodynamic than some of the other trucks, and it may be possible that the top of the Nissan cabin sits almost the same height, but has a lower sitting cabin that we feel like they're smaller. All I know is this truck feels more massive than my old 2001 Silverado, granted that was an extended cab and not a crew cab.

MakeLengthWidthHeight
Titan228-22980-8175-77
Chevy230-2418175-78
Dodge229-24282-8877-81
Ford209-2508075-78
Toyota229-2488076-77

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Titan SV 4x4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was a little curious about your assessment as I wonder if I've been out of trucks for long enough that it feels bigger to me until I get next to another brand. We seem to be right there based on the numbers below (grabbed from doing a google search for "Dimensions" on each 1500 series truck). I suspect because maybe our hoods sit a little lower as they seem to be a bit more aerodynamic than some of the other trucks, and it may be possible that the top of the Nissan cabin sits almost the same height, but has a lower sitting cabin that we feel like they're smaller. All I know is this truck feels more massive than my old 2001 Silverado, granted that was an extended cab and not a crew cab.

MakeLengthWidthHeight
Titan228-22980-8175-77
Chevy230-2418175-78
Dodge229-24282-8877-81
Ford209-2508075-78
Toyota229-2488076-77
Maybe it is because the cab sits lower. I feel like it's lower to the ground when getting in and out. It also looks like to me, at least with my truck that the space between the top of wheel wells and tires is really small making it look like it sits lower.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Titan SV 4x4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe it is because the cab sits lower. I feel like it's lower to the ground when getting in and out. It also looks like to me, at least with my truck that the space between the top of wheel wells and tires is really small making it look like it sits lower.
Also I don't know if it affects anything but I don't have a tow package, which is also one thing that's weird, I've never had a truck that didn't come with a tow package standard. Not sure if it changes the suspension or anything like that.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,237 Posts
Coming from previously having a frontier and before that, a GMC Sonoma, county his truck feels huge

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
564 Posts
Also I don't know if it affects anything but I don't have a tow package, which is also one thing that's weird, I've never had a truck that didn't come with a tow package standard. Not sure if it changes the suspension or anything like that.
Here's what Nissan says comes with the SV Tow Package:
  • Front tow hooks
  • Trailer brake controller
  • Trailer light check
  • Power heated black manually extendable tow mirrors with turn signal indicators
  • Side mirrors with puddle lights
  • Class IV tow hitch receiver with 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Here's what Nissan says comes with the SV Tow Package:
  • Front tow hooks
  • Trailer brake controller
  • Trailer light check
  • Power heated black manually extendable tow mirrors with turn signal indicators
  • Side mirrors with puddle lights
  • Class IV tow hitch receiver with 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness
The tow package is an optional package right? Or is that standard on the SV?

Oh and as for the dimensions I posted above, I confirmed that those dimensions are for the P4X and the PR. The other trim levels are just a tad bit smaller.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Titan SV 4x4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tow package is an optional package right? Or is that standard on the SV?

Oh and as for the dimensions I posted above, I confirmed that those dimensions are for the P4X and the PR. The other trim levels are just a tad bit smaller.
It's an optional package and not standard on the SV. I'll be honest and say I've never towed and probably won't anytime in the near future but it's still strange that having a trailer hitch/pin connectors on a truck isn't standard.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I remember when a rear bumper was a option! Truck manufactures use to make buyers pay for a safety device. Be lucky you didn't buy a Ford without a hitch! The bumper and hitch are an integrated unit so you have limited options.......

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Titan SV 4x4
5 Posts

MakeLengthWidthHeight
Titan228-22980-8175-77
Chevy230-2418175-78
Dodge229-24282-8877-81
Ford209-2508075-78
Toyota229-2488076-77
I agree with you. My SV crew cab feels cavernous compared to my 03 F150 crew cab I traded in on it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a 2017 F-150! Think the newer Ford's are bigger inside. It's just the way they utilize the space because their all similar in size. There's more leg room in the back of a F-150, but the bed is a little bigger in the Titan. So it's a wash! Just a matter of what you like and can afford at the time your in the market to buy. I like my Nissan, but who doesn't like a new buggy. I'm in a Company Truck 6-7 days a week! So I'm not a good one to as about fuel economy and other stuff. Since I bought the Titan at the end of December just flipping 2,000 miles on it. In my spare time! I tinker with it then put it away. I only washed it twice so far and ceramic coated it twice with Torque detail products lol

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
232 Posts
I moved over from an F-150. It was an excellent truck. Loved that truck. I had wanted that 2nd Gen Titan for quite awhile though. Sadly the story ends with me leaving the F-150 like a jilted school girl on prom night.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts