Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will get pics of them both together hopefully soon. Pics 1 & 2 are the slider hitch by Pullrite 12k. It mounts with 4 holes in the bed and the hitch completely removes from the bed including the posts the hitch is attached too. The mounts are on the frame under the bed. The slider moves 22 3/4 in away from the truck. This was $2700 installed. The third pic is the quick connect plate which is required for the Pullrite hitch. The only draw back is you cannot tow another 5er without it, but at the same time no one can pull your rig without a pullrite hitch. This is a single slide model 2007 Cougar 278RKS 7000# dry w/ 1140# dry hitch weight. The hitch is about 300#. Very heavy but a great hitch. The trailer is 28' 8" long. It has 45 gal fresh water tank, 38 gal black, and 2 38 gal grey tanks. I can pretty much go 90 deg with this set up. I will try to get full better pics soon but I hope this helps with anyone interested in fith wheels. I could not go back to a TT. This was not hard to set up at all and is sooooooo much easier to hitch up.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Nice setup, that's got to be one of if not the best one on the market. And with the crew cab I guess a slider is a must have.

What kind of gas mileage do you get when towing your new rig?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coondog20110 said:
Nice setup, that's got to be one of if not the best one on the market. And with the crew cab I guess a slider is a must have.

What kind of gas mileage do you get when towing your new rig?
9 to 10 mpg. I have not taken it over the scales yet to see the loaded weight. I can't say enough good about this hitch. Also the super rails mounting kit is specific for the Titan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Now that is a sweet set up. I have wanted to see some pics of a fiver setup on the Titan Thanks! Looks good.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
159,626 Posts
Nice! It's a good thing that you can remove it from the bed. That things a monster! :D Nice rig! Love to see it hooked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got bored and took the trailer out for some pics. You can see how the hitch slides away as you turn. You cannot go 90 deg with the Titan but you can get in some pretty tight spots. Hope you all like them.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Nissanloyalist said:
I got bored and took the trailer out for some pics. You can see how the hitch slides away as you turn. You cannot go 90 deg with the Titan but you can get in some pretty tight spots. Hope you all like them.
Again Nice set up. You wont see to many of those running around. I have never seen a Titan pulling a 5er here in the rv capitol. As a former Titan owner I would be proud to see one thats for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Learjet said:
you must have airbags or spring helpers?
Firestone ride-rites. They are set at about 45 lbs. in the pic. I really like them they do a great job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Nissanloyalist said:
Firestone ride-rites. They are set at about 45 lbs. in the pic. I really like them they do a great job.
I loved my firestone bags!! I was able to put 2000 lbs in the bed of my titan without it sagging a bit. They make the Titan look like its not even trying with that 5er on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Helinut1970 said:
Again Nice set up. You wont see to many of those running around. I have never seen a Titan pulling a 5er here in the rv capitol. As a former Titan owner I would be proud to see one thats for sure.
Thanks Helinut I took a test drive in the new style GMC w/ the updated 6.6l and I was impressed. Nice choice if you had to off load the Titan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Nissanloyalist said:
Thanks Helinut I took a test drive in the new style GMC w/ the updated 6.6l and I was impressed. Nice choice if you had to off load the Titan.
I hated to get rid of the Titan. In my line of work towing is an everyday event from 5000 lbs up to 12000lbs. Of course the titan didnt tow the 12000 lbs but it sure did more than it was rated to do. It was starting to get to dangerous being that the weight kept getting heavier and heavier. So she had to go. A sad day indeed. I went from a sprinter truck to a weight lifter truck. two totally different beasts. I only wish the Titan had a diesel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Nissanloyalist said:
Firestone ride-rites. They are set at about 45 lbs. in the pic. I really like them they do a great job.
I just purchased a 25ft 5er 7,400# with 1,300# pin with Pull-Rite 12K super-glide. I did not put in airbags and it is maxed but not to bad. My problem I have is if the road is the least bit bumpy I get this push/pull oscillation that is really annoying ? Do you think this is due to overloading the springs because I do not have airbags ? You can pull a 90 degree turn ? best I can get is about 60 degree. What is distance from the front of your trailer to king-pin ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reaper said:
I just purchased a 25ft 5er 7,400# with 1,300# pin with Pull-Rite 12K super-glide. I did not put in airbags and it is maxed but not to bad. My problem I have is if the road is the least bit bumpy I get this push/pull oscillation that is really annoying ? Do you think this is due to overloading the springs because I do not have airbags ? You can pull a 90 degree turn ? best I can get is about 60 degree. What is distance from the front of your trailer to king-pin ?
The oscillation or "chucking" is common w/ 5ers. Airbags will help a little but look into the 5th airborn king pins. The almost eliminate this. I cannot do 90 deg, I am about were you are. I have not mmeasured that because there were no problems reported for the Titan on pullrites site or my dealer who have done a couple Titan pullrite hitches now. Also I really like my sway bars. This truck is near rock solid now w/ the fifth wheel. OZnly thing I have found w/ hooking up is make sure you get the king pin and hitch as level to eachother as possible. With the front end of the truck bieng lower this hitch can hang up and won't let go of the trailer or lock until they are pretty even. My buddy has the 16k slider and his is the same way on his dodge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Nissanloyalist said:
The oscillation or "chucking" is common w/ 5ers. Airbags will help a little but look into the 5th airborn king pins. The almost eliminate this. I cannot do 90 deg, I am about were you are. I have not mmeasured that because there were no problems reported for the Titan on pullrites site or my dealer who have done a couple Titan pullrite hitches now. Also I really like my sway bars. This truck is near rock solid now w/ the fifth wheel. OZnly thing I have found w/ hooking up is make sure you get the king pin and hitch as level to eachother as possible. With the front end of the truck bieng lower this hitch can hang up and won't let go of the trailer or lock until they are pretty even. My buddy has the 16k slider and his is the same way on his dodge.
Thx !!! Do you have any chucking problem ? Have you had any issues backing into sites with only 60 degree turn angle ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reaper said:
Thx !!! Do you have any chucking problem ? Have you had any issues backing into sites with only 60 degree turn angle ?
I do a little but it is at lower speeds. The only problem I have is trying to back it like a TT. Thats a no no. With how much sharper it turns even with less turning I have found longer approaches and less steering manuvers works well for me even in tight spaces. It is much different than a TT but I love it. What brand and model did you get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Triple E 254SSXL, they are made 60 miles from were I live and the quality is top notch ! They are a little heavier because of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Nissanloyalist said:
Firestone ride-rites. They are set at about 45 lbs. in the pic. I really like them they do a great job.
Any issue on the install with all the brakets for the super-glide hitch on the frame ?
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top