Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy showed up at my house last friday. One of the kids brought him home after seeing him almost get ran over by a car. We went all over the neighborhood looking for his family, and even took him to 2 vets, and posted on craigslist. We cannot find his people, so we have decided to keep the guy

He seems to be a full blooded yellow lab, and is about a year old. He has a great temperament, and gets along with my other dog, a 9 year old dachshund. He still has a little bit of puppy in him, but that is normal for labs for the first 3 or 4 years.

I would like to introduce you to Hurley! :redblob"

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Good addition to the fam. I love labs.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
77,858 Posts
Labs are great dogs. Labs that are found and given a home are greater dogs. I know. :D Congrats.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Very cool, both you and the dog and the kids for rescuing him. Labs are the best and he looks pretty cool :)

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
He looks well fed. Some jackazz probably dumped him. Good on you and the family for taking him in and not leaving him at a shelter.

·
Premium Member
77,858 Posts
I'd estimate 85% of dogs that healthy, when randomly found, are drop offs. It's a regular thing seen outside city limits. So many pets are bought and then let go because they're too much for the owner. I've fostered about a half dozen "drop offs" in my life, and have two great mutts (well, that's what they are. :lol: who knows their pedigree) in my life currently, along with a cat that somehow found my doorstep as a little orphan 6-8 week old kitten.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Congrats on the new pooch, I have a Golden Retriever with a similar story...well almost, we rescued her from the in-laws who liked to keep her in a kennel 5 days a week :bangit:

Good looking dog too btw!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
i kennel'd my dog 5 days a week for 4-12 hours a day. 12 was absolute max and only once a month at most. anything over 10 hours i tried to take him with me. i didnt trust him as a pup to not pee and poop in the house and didnt wanna come home to my wires and couch eaten. Once he ate a corner of my bed and the sheetrock off the walls i learned. Hes good now and stays out all day, but he likes his kennel, and went in it without even telling him to.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
you da man! That is awesome of you to take that dog in. He is super adorable! I bet he is dying to go for a ride in the Titan with his nose and face hanging out the window. :)

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Right on, good for you. I also have a 7 yr old dachsund and a 2 year old black lab. They are best friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Good man!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great guy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts