Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

AIRAID MXP Series Intake For 2004-2012 5.6L Nissan Titan Features :

* Large One-Piece Rotational-Molded Cold Air Box : Designed Specifically for Strength & Durability, and Ease of Installation.

* 1700-CFM AIRAID Premium Filter : Your Choice of Oiled or Non-Oiled Filtration Technology

* Huge Intake Tube : Specifically Calibrated for Maximum Airflow and Proper MAF Functionality, No Check Engine Lights!

* Built In Velocity Stack : Dramatically increases Airflow

* ADD 18 Horsepower & 24 Ft/lbs of Torque, With NO-Tuning Required!

* All AIRAID Intake Systems are : Made in the U.S.A, Include High Quality Hardware, and come with easy to follow step by step installation instructions.

* All AIRAID Filters Include Our : Lifetime "No-Hassle" Warranty

* AIRAID Intake Part # 520-284 (Oiled) Fit's 2004-2012 Nissan Titan 5.6L

* AIRAID Intake Part # 521-284 (NON-Oiled) Fit’s 2004-2012 Nissan Titan 5.6L

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Re: *NEW* AIRAID MXP Intake System For 2004-2011 5.6L Nissan Titan

What's the I.D. of the tube?

Reactions: import2nr

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

That looks nice!!!!! I think thats the filter I was going to go with but it was just too big for the Volant box.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

What's the I.D. of the tube?
Hello deerslayer,

The Intake Diameter is 4.25"

That looks nice!!!!! I think thats the filter I was going to go with but it was just too big for the Volant box.
Hello import2nr,

I can see if i have a similar size that may fit into that box. Just let me know and I can check.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

Hello deerslayer,

The Intake Diameter is 4.25"

Hello import2nr,

I can see if i have a similar size that may fit into that box. Just let me know and I can check.

Thanks,
David
Hmmmmmm, be nice to see some track gains over stock box:) Can you guys make that happen?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

Retail with oiled filter is 319.99 and with the non oiled it is 329.99.
Got a hold of someone over there and they told me its about 4 1/4 inch at the filter and about 4" at the throttle body. the reducer is a 4" to 3". The Filter has a 6" opening so between the filter and the tubing is a velocity stack. The guy told me that its been on the dyno and bench flow with no issues. and I don't see a sleeve in the tubing according to the install instructions.

This looks like a very nice intake. I don't like the flat spot in the tubing but looks good and so do the numbers.
here is a link to the instructions where you can get a better look and the setup.

http://www.airaid.com/InstallationPDF/521-284.pdf

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hmmmmmm, be nice to see some track gains over stock box:) Can you guys make that happen?
Hello deerslayer,

There are a ton of variables that go into ¼ mile runs, and not to mention it’s still in the triple digits here in AZ and clearly not optimal for any type of drag racing.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

Found the DRY FLOW kit for 267.90 free shipping plus if you use the code "keep15" at checkout then you can get it for 252.90.
That is not a bad price at all. 4" intake molded for our truck for under 300 bucks. And a Dry Flow filter with velocity stack to boot!
autoanything.com is where I found the kit.

I wonder if the MAF being so close to the velocity stack is the trick to not having to use a sleeve like the Spectre 4"?

Who's gonna be the first? Deerslayer or danblp, I think you should get it and test it against the spectre set up. :) But I want to see what it does without a calibrated MAF. Can you flash yours back to a non calibrated MAF? I know the AirAid kit says No check engine lights but that does not necessarily mean the AFR's are okay. Again, I am wondering if the Velocity stack being so close to the MAF is doing the trick without a sleeve. I know they test their products but with what we found on the 4" DIA tubing while messing with the 4" Spectre ...it just has me scratching my head. Everybody ran lean without the sleeve until they A.) MAF was calibrated or B.) the sleeve was put back on. And this applied to different years and FFV and non FFV.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

Found the DRY FLOW kit for 267.90 free shipping plus if you use the code "keep15" at checkout then you can get it for 252.90.
That is not a bad price at all. 4" intake molded for our truck for under 300 bucks. And a Dry Flow filter with velocity stack to boot!

I wonder if the MAF being so close to the velocity stack is the trick to not having to use a sleeve like the Spectre 4"?

Who's gonna be the first? Deerslayer or danblp, I think you should get it and test it against the spectre set up. :) But I want to see what it does without a calibrated MAF. Can you flash yours back to a non calibrated MAF? I know the AirAid kit says No check engine lights but that does not necessarily mean the AFR's are okay. Again, I am wondering if the Velocity stack being so close to the MAF is doing the trick without a sleeve. I know they test their products but with what we found on the 4" DIA tubing while messing with the 4" Spectre ...it just has me scratching my head. Everybody ran lean without the sleeve until they A.) MAF was calibrated or B.) the sleeve was put back on. And this applied to different years and FFV and non FFV.
Yea this 4.25" I.D kit has my interest but I don't think for me it's going to be worth the $300 price tag since I already have the spectre. If I didn't, I'd be saving for one for sure! This thing is nice! Looks like Airaid has been trolling around in the spectre thread and threw this thing together. LOL

For it to require no tuning and be a true 4"+ kit, it has to have something to do with the position of the MAF sensore but who knows?

Hey Airaid, you want me to test one at the track for you???? :) I'll pay shipping and test it out for you:)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

hey araid ill buy that heat sheild box you sell....is that possible?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts

There is a new BIG DOG IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

Has anyone picked one up yet?

Reactions: import2nr

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Damnit!

Dear airaid,

Would you be willing to trade me this new intake system for my original style Airaid intake system?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

Yea this 4.25" I.D kit has my interest but I don't think for me it's going to be worth the $300 price tag since I already have the spectre. If I didn't, I'd be saving for one for sure! This thing is nice! Looks like Airaid has been trolling around in the spectre thread and threw this thing together. LOL

For it to require no tuning and be a true 4"+ kit, it has to have something to do with the position of the MAF sensore but who knows?

Hey Airaid, you want me to test one at the track for you???? :) I'll pay shipping and test it out for you:)
I'd be all over this had I not stumbled upon the Spectre kit . I think its 4 1/4 outside but the tube is called a 4". I know that airaid tubing is some pretty thick stuff. I know for sure the inlet dia is not 4 1/4 if its anything like the 4" tubing they use on the UBI kits. The velocity stack is a 6" to 4" adapter and the reducer at the throttle body is a 4" to 3" reducer. so I.D. is prob more around 3 5/8 like the UBI tubing y'all are using.

Very nice looking set up though. I might have to get that later just to play with it. Love the thought of a dry filter, velocity stack, plastic tubing, and they even thought about the engine cover having to be bumped up a little due to the 4" tubing. AIRAID FTW!!!! I cant see how anything else can really stack up to it (aside from what some of us have done with the Spectre and UBI kits) if it is not 4".

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

Damnit!

Dear airaid,

Would you be willing to trade me this new intake system for my original style Airaid intake system?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App
This is the same reason I'm not buying an 07+ Intake Mani. As soon as I do, someone will release one. LOL

·
Registered
3,674 Posts

This is the same reason I'm not buying an 07+ Intake Mani. As soon as I do, someone will release one. LOL
I don't think it will be nearly as CHEAP as the 07+IM swap. I think for non FFV Titans your looking at at least a grand or more plus the cost of larger injectors if needed. And even for FFV your still looking and a grand or more. I thought I saw tmny had looked into a intake manifold and it was going to be over 2 grand for one i think or maybe it was 1500.

·
Registered
102 Posts

What website did you find the dry flow kit?

·
Registered
557 Posts

Never mind.. question was answered as I was posting.

1 - 20 of 313 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.