Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hmm, we have not had rains since I installed the box but we are scheduled for rain over the next few days. I will have to check.

I might be drilling a couple of holes on the bottom of the box like I did in my trailer's battery box.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Emailed Airaid and got my CARB sticker 2 days later. Awesome product and service!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just installed the AIRAID MXP... Didn't realize the big lump of a V8 could sound that good. :lick:

Points to note for future owners/customers...

1) Make sure you read the install instructions in detail. I just browsed it casually cos I've done many of these before and thought I was some hotshot. 10 minutes into the stock intake removal I was stuck... Couldn't reach the third bolt on the airbox to remove it (the one closest to the front, right at the bottom). 10 minutes of frustration trying to snake my hand down there and I was like :wtf:

Anyway. Went back through the instructions and found I just needed to remove the 1 bolt right on top, and then pull hard on the airbox base. It would just pop out with the bolts and grommets still attached. :ftard:

2) When installing the AIRAID intake tube, the instructions state you should first install it on the hump hose, and then onto the reducing coupler. When I tried that, it would not slip onto the TB of the engine. Tried it the other way around (reducing coupler first, then hump hose) and it slid right in. Easy peasy :coolsmile

3) For f*&k sake, don't drop a screw in the engine bay. :bangit:

4) Don't start drinking beer before the install. Start drinking during the install. That way, at least some part of the install will be done while still fully sober. :jester:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I too have fallen prey to the the mod-bug. I just purchased this CAI kit and patiently await its arrival. THANKS AJUSA for such an awesome price and thanks to AIRAID for the $50 rebate....

now to just wait for its arrival and install

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yep, I sure did not expect cash to show up. A little risky on Airaid's part, I wonder how many people tried to claim the didn't get it. Was a trip to the bank saved though!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Mine still hasn't shown up...

Sent from Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
352 Posts
Got mine today. My thanks also to AJUSA and Airaid for this great deal.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Hello TT!!! :hi:

I received my Airaid MXP CAI Pre-Filter (part#: 799-472) yesterday from AJUSA!!! :)

Airaid 799-472 Air Filter Wrap | AJUSA.com

I want to thank Airaid Themselves & BJ @AJUSA for the excellent customer service & very fast shipping!!! I wasn't expecting it to show up on a Sat! :hat:

The quality of the Airaid Pre-Filter is very nice, well constructed & snug fitting!

The only gripe i have with this Airaid Product is that there was NO STICKER included in the package!!! :soap: LOL

I also wasn't too impressed with the Oval "Airaid" UN-laminated, low quality, Yellow, Black & White paper stickers that Airaid decided to send out in their MXP CAI Kits either... :poke: LOL

This is no diss to Airaid personally, but IDK about you guys? When i purchase a High Quality performance product i like to get my sticker!!! LOL ;)

Thanks guys/gals! :)

Have a great day,
-GW77

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Thanks Chas!

^^^X2^^^

It is a very nice addition to the MXP!!!

Keeps your filter dry & WAY cleaner!!!

I would like to take you up on your sticker offer!

Could you post a pic of what they look like?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
I really appreciate the offer Chas! ...but i just don't care for that particular graphic they used... I think they could do better!

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
I like that design better than the oval shaped un-laminated paper stickers.

261 - 280 of 313 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.