Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!!

So, problem with finding out where to hook up my new Brake Controller - - I have a new Prodigy and also purchased the plug for it...I have a 2007 CC LE w/ big tow pkg.

I was searching under the steering column last night and didn't see where the brake controller would hook into? Am I missing the obvious or is it hidden someplace else?

Going to be towing a 25ft Travel Trailer in a week to Door County - - first real tow test and I am looking forward to it!

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
There is a plug in hook up behind the dash to the left side of the steering wheel. It's a white plug, and it's marked Brake Controller. It might be taped up, so it's easy to miss. It's been a while since I installed my Prodigy but it was very easy. As I remember, it took longer to get out the drill, screwdriver, etc., than anything else. Check out this link:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/9008-brake-cntroller-hook-up.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help! I was getting a little frusterated not being able to find it...

I will look at it tonight when I am home from work!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
opexs0 said:
Thanks for the help! I was getting a little frusterated not being able to find it...

I will look at it tonight when I am home from work!

As in the Door County in WI?... I'ts great up there.. Good luck and have fun!!!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
3 Years later and that thread still gets pointed to... I'm such a proud parent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it working last night! The directions were GREAT! took about 2 minutes to install.

Yes, Door County, WI. We are really looking forward to it. It will be the first time pulling a "real" trailer. I have pulled small landscape trailers but nothing bigger than maybe 2k lbs.

Just out of curiousity, what type of mileage can I expect? I plan on driving about 55mph and the trailer is roughly 5500 lbs. I have heard guys say on here that they are getting 12mpg pulling which I find a little high. I understanding I am pulling a trailer and don't expect to get great mpg, but is it down to like 6 or 7?

·
Super Moderator
160,769 Posts
BREWDOG said:
Will I need a different wiring plug to hook up to my trailer with the use of the prodogy brake controller.
No, the standard 7 pin from your trailer will hook right up! :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
So, the standard 7 pin plug will work in conjunction with the trailer brakes using the prodogy and also does the prodogy plug right in or do I have to splice wires I have a CC SE non tow package but added the factory reciver and plug.

·
Super Moderator
160,769 Posts
BREWDOG said:
So, the standard 7 pin plug will work in conjunction with the trailer brakes using the prodogy and also does the prodogy plug right in or do I have to splice wires I have a CC SE non tow package but added the factory reciver and plug.
There's an adapter out there you can buy for like 12 bucks that will plug right in to the connector under your dash, and right into the back of your Prodigy. Go that route instead of splicing. Much easier!

It's specific for our trucks and the prodigy. Here's a link:

http://www.hitchcorner.com/brake-controls.htm

·
Super Moderator
160,769 Posts
BREWDOG said:
I wonder if I have that plug since the truck didnt come with the big tow package.
Yes. You should have it. You may not have the relays, but you should have that plug under the dash.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
BREWDOG said:
I wonder if I have that plug since the truck didnt come with the big tow package.
Just in case you missed it earlier in the thread.

Click here please.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Hammer_Man said:
Ok I Gave Up. My Instruction that RED WIRE GO TO THE COLD SIDE OF BRAKE PEDAL STOP LIGHT SWICTH, SLICE DOWN LINE FROM THE SWITCH..... WHAT DOES THAT MEAN AND WHERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE
STOP!!!!!.. Which brake controller do you have? Do you have the factory brake controller pigtail and the brake controller pigtail?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Hammer_Man said:
Does It Suppose To Turn Off When You Removed ya Key? How And Where You Mount Yours:crying:
Mine is right below the ign switch. Yes it will turn off with the key off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts