• New Challenger

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 370/350 Z

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • G35/G37

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • BMW or used vette

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Pay off the Titan (dont buy a new car)

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ladies and gentlemen, enemies, democrats, and fellow Titan colleauges.....

to be serious for one post (hopefully others too)... just wanted to know what type of response i'd get for the following. I'm thinking of a new car. yes, my Titan is new (2008.5) and still owe about 25k on it, but, my old man, a couple of aunts/uncles and my piggy bank are debating on either paying off the Titan, or pitching in on buying a new Camaro SS, Challenger, 370Z, G37, used Corvette, or a BMW.

i figure well... i'm already in debt, i'm not getting any younger (24 yrs this oct) and not getting any thinner (dam n dollar menu!), so i might as well enjoy it, while plummeting myself into debt.

i want something new (except the vette... i can't afford it new) and quite possibly a convertible. in texas heat... i dunno about that but, i wouldn't mind dropping the top (or a hard top conv BMW).

my old man has insurance covered, and this would be my weekend toy.

i kinda wanna pay off the truck, boost my credit and THEN buy the car... but before obama regulates gas, traffic fines go up, and auto pars/accessories go up along with....

i may go either way. just a though.

gracias,

-dave

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If you're looking at a BMW, I say look at about a 04-06 M3...sick car.

If not that, then wait for the 2010 Camaro SS.

Those would be my top two choices for a car. Good luck which ever you go.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
You forgot......

Nissan Versa!!! :eyebrow:

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
naw dude.... i can't afford the GT-R. I WISH i could... but i know my limits. even if i sold the truck, ebayed all my crap off and donated plasma every week... i couldn't make the payments.

but i could "buy it" and have it end up in Mexico with a new VIN number and black box removed...

or get a Versa!

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I say the G37.

Before the Titan, I had a 6 speed G35 and loved that car.
what color? before they changed body styles (G37) i always liked the blue one. they're hard to find and priced more than lets say a red or black or silver one, but well worth it

-dave

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Pay off your truck. You'll be glad you did.....

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
what color? before they changed body styles (G37) i always liked the blue one. they're hard to find and priced more than lets say a red or black or silver one, but well worth it

-dave
It was the dark metallic grey/black interior. It wasn't the coupe...2005 G35 Sedan 6MT with the sport package.

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
another thing is just use that money buying mods to the truck?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Do yourself a favor.
Don't go to credit hell.
Keep the truck.
As if you could tow a trailer full of livestock with a G37?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Pontiac G8 GXP Sedan V8, 6.2 L 415 HP

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i thought about the TT or possibly an S4 turbo, but audi's have really bad valve problems. my boss and my ex gf had audi's (A6 and an A4 non turbo). both with valve problems.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Of those choices..............the Camaro SS!!!

I have always loved the Camaro and Trans Ams and if I could buy one, I would!!

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pontiac G8 GXP Sedan V8, 6.2 L 415 HP
i was thinking of that one too. its actually about the same price as a 350Z. they sell an upgraded ECU for the Holden Commodorre (same thing as a G8) and its not bad for a quick sedan.

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i mean those are the cars i prefer. not really into mustangs, or subaru's, or lancers, or even the taurus SHO or anything like that.

i do like the new camaro though!

·
Registered
123 Posts
My best friend has one and he has not had problems with it. Driving that thing is like crack!!!! If they are similar to that when I get my truck paid off I am going to get one!!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Get a 300C with 26's and become a rapper! :lol: I'm not a car fan so I say pay the truck off, Oh and I love the tag's!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts