Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That test drive did it for me. The sales lady said "get on it!" and I did.. WOW.. I said "Whoaaa!! There it is!!!" as the power kicked in.

Details:

04 Titan CC LE, Black, Black Leather, tow package, mud flaps, floor mats (basic LE package, only black one available... )

Traded in my 01 Tundra SR5 V6 Access Cab... Total after trade (including destination, tax and license), 19k... not bad, and close to what I wanted as far as the deal. I could have saved about 500 more if I wanted to wait to get one in April from the factory. For this one they needed to drive to another dealer to pick up... I told them, go get it.. here's the check! LOL!!

Can't wait to post my impressions after driving it for a while!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congrats...welcome aboard! You have to post pics if you haven't already.

Karl

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
amati5 said:
What were the main reasons you traded in your Tundra beside extra interior room?
thx
Power, features, and wanted a new truck. Looked at the Tundra quad cab, but didn't feel it was much more than I already had.

The one thing I don't like on the Titan is the shorter bed, but that may change after I actually use it. I don't think it's going to be as big of a problem as I think. I do have a 2 place sled trailer and now much more HP to pull it. :)

I am picking up the truck tommorow so I will post pics ASAP! :) Gonna dust a few hemis after I pick it up first.... LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
bvstone1,

I've mentioned this in previous posts but I think you will like not having a longer bed on your Titan every day you drive in town and every time you try to park it. The Titan is almost a half foot longer than a Suburban. Making it longer will increase the turning circle and make it very hard to park.

·
Registered
622 Posts
amati5 said:
What were the main reasons you traded in your Tundra beside extra interior room?
thx
i'll answer for him.

1. 305 hp 379 lb. torque
2. 4 wheel disc brakes
3. bigger cab
4. tougher designer
5. more new innovations
6. rockford fosgate!
7. 9500 towing capacity

the tundra is a good reliable truck but inferior when compared to the TITAN.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went through the standard options on the LE.. I knew I was getting leather and seatwarmers, but all the other stuff (a TON of it) is like icing on the cake! Didn't realize I was getting the RF system... sweeet... hope I don't have problems with it like others have.

While on the test drive I mentioned the few problems people were having with the RF stereo, losing clips in the rear storage, etc... she was surprised to hear that. I assured her they were minor and not a big deal to me as long as they are fixed should I encounter the problems. We turned the heater on all fan settings and didn't hear the noise other people complained about. Also I listed specifically for the ticking after it was started and heard nothing. But, the one I drove isn't the one i'm taking home. So we'll see...

I just hope she doesn't open er up to much on the way back to deliver it (had to go about 60 miles north to get it). I told her to feel free to take out a few hemis as long as they don't throw eggs or track me down later.. LOL!

·
Registered
359 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That's the way to do it, bvstone! Just go to take a test drive and B O O M...wrap it up, I'll take it! That's how I always buy a new vehicle, I paid cash too :upsidedow ...simple, quick, fun! :cheers: The Titan sells itself! I'll be looking forward to your impressions after a few trips in yours...keep in mind that when my CC sat in the showroom a couple of weeks ago, it had a Rubicon 4 wheeler in the back, with just a little of the bed extender needed...I'm not encouraging you to load yours in the bed, but it did fit. I hope your Titan proves to be the best truck you've ever had, by far! :cheers:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, the only way to buy a vehicle! LOL!

When you say "a little bit of the bed extender" do you mean it was on the folded down tailgate a little bit? I have a Rincon and a Z400.. the Z400 just MAY fight with the tailgate up, but I know the Rinny won't, and I'd not want to muscle that one in anyhow... for that I'd use the trailer.

Access doesn't make a soft cover for it yet, so I'll be waiting on that. The nissan one is way too expensive, even at invoice.. And not sure it's as good quality either...

Will be shopping for XM soon as well. Just canceled it in my tundra. The kit that you can install factory looks ok, but man, $400? No thanks... Not when you can get a unit to move in and out of the truck for $100. :) And use it inside the house/shed/workshop! (listen to me complain about the little things after writing a 20k check.. LOL!)

As far as breakin, I'm a firm believer that "takin it easy" is the wrong way. Have to let the rings seat, and to do that you need to put load on the engine (accell and decel).. so in this case I hope she drives it back with a heavy foot, and not with CC the whole way back. LOL! Either way, it will work out fine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
bvstone1 said:
Yup, the only way to buy a vehicle! LOL!

When you say "a little bit of the bed extender" do you mean it was on the folded down tailgate a little bit? I have a Rincon and a Z400.. the Z400 just MAY fight with the tailgate up, but I know the Rinny won't, and I'd not want to muscle that one in anyhow... for that I'd use the trailer.

Access doesn't make a soft cover for it yet, so I'll be waiting on that. The nissan one is way too expensive, even at invoice.. And not sure it's as good quality either...

Will be shopping for XM soon as well. Just canceled it in my tundra. The kit that you can install factory looks ok, but man, $400? No thanks... Not when you can get a unit to move in and out of the truck for $100. :) And use it inside the house/shed/workshop! (listen to me complain about the little things after writing a 20k check.. LOL!)

As far as breakin, I'm a firm believer that "takin it easy" is the wrong way. Have to let the rings seat, and to do that you need to put load on the engine (accell and decel).. so in this case I hope she drives it back with a heavy foot, and not with CC the whole way back. LOL! Either way, it will work out fine.
Dang, I really can't remember if it was much on the tailgate or not-you know how the buying day excitement goes...I was mainly wondering if they would be able to remove it without damaging my new pride and joy...they got the Titan out of the showroom and backed another Titan up to the back and rolled it from one tail gate to the other...the rest is a blur in all the excitement. I just called the dealer to see if they currently had a CC again in the showroom with the 4 wheeler to ask if it extended much over the tailgate, but they don't...so, I hate I can't be more help...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh that's no problem... if it was in there, then it fits... according to the specs it's only 5 inches or so shorter than my tundra.. but I think it looks a lot shorter because it's also wider (and taller) than my current tundra.

I know the feeling of excitment. My sales person called tonight and I thought it was already here, but it turns out the dealer they are getting it from just got it from another dealer and there are a few i's to dot and t's to cross, so she says they hope to have it tommorow, if not friday for sure..

No big deal on my end... just excited to drive it! All that movin around from dealer to dealer I hope there are no scuffs in it. :) I paid for new, and i'm gonna get it new. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
34,533 Posts
amati5 said:
thx
The reason he traded the Tundra for the Titan was, and I quote, "WHOAAAAA!" :cheers:

This ain't your grand-daddy's truck. :eek:fn:

TITAN, the pick up with the get up and go! :haveredfl

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I could enjoy the truck too... the call I got this morning that I expected to be "come pick up your truck" was "Oh, sorry, the dealer had that one sold.."

So they sold me a sold truck.. already signed all the papers, etc. Got the excuse that they didn't get confirmation because the "right person" wasn't at their desk and they got voicemail. Cmon, I could have called and verified if it was sold or not in 20 minutes... Bueracracy wooters up even the "big boys".

So now we've looked at every truck in the area that is black/black, and they're all sold (unless I want the DVD and/or GPS system, which I don't). There is one but it's black with the brown interior, and that's just pushing me too far..

Last option is to wait until march for the exact truck that is supposedly coming in, but they don't even have 100% verification if that one is sold yet..

Needless to say, I'm hopelessly upset.. and I don't think that they are willing to offer anything for the trouble..

What would you guys suggest I do or expect from a dealer (realistically) for the trouble?

Still feels like a dream....

·
Registered
27 Posts
bvstone1 said:
I wish I could enjoy the truck too... the call I got this morning that I expected to be "come pick up your truck" was "Oh, sorry, the dealer had that one sold.."

So they sold me a sold truck.. already signed all the papers, etc. Got the excuse that they didn't get confirmation because the "right person" wasn't at their desk and they got voicemail. Cmon, I could have called and verified if it was sold or not in 20 minutes... Bueracracy wooters up even the "big boys".

So now we've looked at every truck in the area that is black/black, and they're all sold (unless I want the DVD and/or GPS system, which I don't). There is one but it's black with the brown interior, and that's just pushing me too far..

Last option is to wait until march for the exact truck that is supposedly coming in, but they don't even have 100% verification if that one is sold yet..

Needless to say, I'm hopelessly upset.. and I don't think that they are willing to offer anything for the trouble..

What would you guys suggest I do or expect from a dealer (realistically) for the trouble?

Still feels like a dream....

I took a truck with two more options that I really didn't want or need on it to get it quicker. I offered 1/2 of MSRP for the options I wouldn't have ordered. They accepted, we're both happy, and I get a truck with more options on it for a very fair increase in price. Maybe this is realistic treatment for your trouble. Find out what's in the pipeline and start making offers. All they can say is "No".

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good idea, but I have a feeling that isn't an option. There are a couple with DVD and Navigation that I may be interested in, but they're 6k more, and even paying 3k for those options wouldn't make me happy at this point.

It they were options they could remove, like all that utility bed crap, then I'd tell them to just get the truck take off the stuff and "good luck on ebay". But the only one where that might be an option has the sand/steel interior and I wanted graphit, and it doesn't have the big tow package (which I could live without).

If I could just see good shots of sand/steel vs. graphite that may easy my mind..

·
Registered
359 Posts
Man, bvstone...that is a hell of a note...I REALLY hate that you're being put through this-to say it really sucks is an understatement. It seems that the dealer network should be able to get you one the way you want it, from somewhere...of course I know nothing about how this all works. I sure hope they can do something to get you in the Titan you want...hang in there, man...keep us posted.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Briarman said:
Man, bvstone...that is a hell of a note...I REALLY hate that you're being put through this-to say it really sucks is an understatement. It seems that the dealer network should be able to get you one the way you want it, from somewhere...of course I know nothing about how this all works. I sure hope they can do something to get you in the Titan you want...hang in there, man...keep us posted.
Yep, and seeing how I haven't heard from them for 2 hours it's not making things any better.

There are two that I'm pretty sure aren't sold an hour from here. The catch is they have 5500 more in options than i want (DVD, navigation, sunroof, etc...) and at another dealer.

I am going to tell them that i will take that if they pay half the difference from our previous deal.. works out to 2700 more bucks out of my pocket, and I'll never use the DVD player since I don't have kids (and the wife probablywon't sit in the back). The only thing I would like is the sunroof..

If they don't go for that, I'm killing the whole deal. And waiting for the new tunrda 3/4 ton.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts