Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welll GUyssss Ive been completely Owned... I knew it was comingg. this guy from a neighboring town has been wanting to raceee, nd ive been dreading it, bc I knew his truck was fastt..well last night he was in our parking lotttt waiting on me to get off work!! lol, as most of yall dont know but we have like the PERFECT PLACE TO RACEE...its a 3/4 of a mile straight away 4 lane..its known as the Haslam Strip...well when i get out hes like cmon boy lets race, and i was like well alrightt... so we go out to the four lane,; do the lil Cop checkk nd turn around and are coming backk and I didnt do myself good I switched down into manual, IDN why i just wanted to try it, I forgot to Turn my AC Off, and I had my windows down..So We race and from about 25 to 50 I got him!! and was leavin him and then was like man this aint nothin, and he came by me like it was nothinggg.... he beat me baddddddddd.... I didnt even wanna race him again.. lol, he has The new Max 6.0 with programmer, CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, and Exhausts... it was faster than I thoughtt... so yea then I raced the boy in the SS that I had beaten when i first got my truck.. He has 24s now, but a Cai, and Dynamax Exhaust.... I have 22s and a magnafloww.. so we raced, but this time I rolled my windows up , and turned my AC off, and freakin left him.. I really beat him like badd, and everybody saw it when we came by brookshires.. but yea I think i could have gave the new chevy a better race but it still would have been pretty badd... and MANNN he talked alot of smack when i pulled back in the parkin lot, but then my ole buddy thats been my best friend for like my whole life had to show him whose bosss..he started tellin him that chevy was sloww, and got him all madd, so they raced and my friend beat him by 5 to 6 truck lengthssss. and was steadliy pulling on him. Hes the one with the Dodge Diesel Lowered with 22's, Full Banks Exhaust, Bullydog Chip, injectors, Triple Plated Clutch, nd something else..HIS TRUCK IS FASSTTT AS CRAPP..Prolly the fastest truck around, that diesel power is hard to beat.. He also Raced a Dodge Charger with the Hemi in it last night and beat him..NO LIEE.. but yea the new 6.0s are fastt.. this is not titan related but we also had another good race last night... A older model gt mustang with a chip, exhausts, Cai, Throttle body spacer VS a new GT Mustange with the Same mods... The Older mustang beat him..the new one got the jump , but the old one beat him in the end.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Nice racing.

AC kills allot of power. WIndows do some, but not to much. I'd try the AC off, and not manual. lol

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Hey as long as you had fun and didn't get busted, but next time lose the 22's and don't go in manual shift mode. Just leave it in D or 4 and leave your windows up and the A/C off!lol

Is exhaust all you have? Your going to need a CAI to compliment that exhaust, toss that restrictive stock Titan intake. Better yet get an Uprev tune, Volant CAI, TBS, and some NON-22 inch rubber boots and wait for him outside his workplace. Tell him your ready to go mod for mod's now, you won't think his truck is so fast after that :D

That something else your friend has is probably an upgraded fuel pump, which really is a must with a big chip let alone injectors. Diesel power is no joke, but gas+turbo = diesel getting smoked :D sorry, I had to.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
nissane2w said:
Welll GUyssss Ive been completely Owned... I knew it was comingg. this guy from a neighboring town has been wanting to raceee, nd ive been dreading it, bc I knew his truck was fastt..well last night he was in our parking lotttt waiting on me to get off work!! lol, as most of yall dont know but we have like the PERFECT PLACE TO RACEE...its a 3/4 of a mile straight away 4 lane..its known as the Haslam Strip...well when i get out hes like cmon boy lets race, and i was like well alrightt... so we go out to the four lane,; do the lil Cop checkk nd turn around and are coming backk and I didnt do myself good I switched down into manual, IDN why i just wanted to try it, I forgot to Turn my AC Off, and I had my windows down..So We race and from about 25 to 50 I got him!! and was leavin him and then was like man this aint nothin, and he came by me like it was nothinggg.... he beat me baddddddddd.... I didnt even wanna race him again.. lol, he has The new Max 6.0 with programmer, CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, and Exhausts... it was faster than I thoughtt... so yea then I raced the boy in the SS that I had beaten when i first got my truck.. He has 24s now, but a Cai, and Dynamax Exhaust.... I have 22s and a magnafloww.. so we raced, but this time I rolled my windows up , and turned my AC off, and freakin left him.. I really beat him like badd, and everybody saw it when we came by brookshires.. but yea I think i could have gave the new chevy a better race but it still would have been pretty badd... and MANNN he talked alot of smack when i pulled back in the parkin lot, but then my ole buddy thats been my best friend for like my whole life had to show him whose bosss..he started tellin him that chevy was sloww, and got him all madd, so they raced and my friend beat him by 5 to 6 truck lengthssss. and was steadliy pulling on him. Hes the one with the Dodge Diesel Lowered with 22's, Full Banks Exhaust, Bullydog Chip, injectors, Triple Plated Clutch, nd something else..HIS TRUCK IS FASSTTT AS CRAPP..Prolly the fastest truck around, that diesel power is hard to beat.. He also Raced a Dodge Charger with the Hemi in it last night and beat him..NO LIEE.. but yea the new 6.0s are fastt.. this is not titan related but we also had another good race last night... A older model gt mustang with a chip, exhausts, Cai, Throttle body spacer VS a new GT Mustange with the Same mods... The Older mustang beat him..the new one got the jump , but the old one beat him in the end.
You people with these big arse wheels are making the Titan look bad.He might beat you with stockers on but I'm promise you wouldn't believe the difference the lighter wheels make.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, Im fixing to start adding alot of performace parts to my truck as soon as I get some other stuff paid off. I Think I may buy me a set of 17s too, Just to put on to play around with, go to the track with and stuff like that. Laying down rubber with these Khumo 22 Tires isnt very practical either.

And Yea I know my friend has an Upgraded Fuel Pump, but he has something else too. Im sorry I dont know much about a diesel motor, but it seems like he has a TUBRO UPGRADE, or something. Its amazing to me how fast his truck is with it being so heavy too.

And I promise you these big ARSE wheels in no way has made the titan look bad. I can outrun 90% of the cars and trucks around here with the 22's and look good doing it. Its just a limited few that can outrun me. Actually I have been beat 2 times. By my friends Diesel, and by a modded 6.0 Chevy. I have beaten 3 fords, a dodge hemi, 2 Dodge V8s, Several of the 5.3 chevys,a CHEVY SS, and numerous other cars and trucks.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Probably upgraded torque converter, they do have those Super B turbo's out that put out way more power than the stock ones though. Fricken Diesels and thier aftermarket, can't the Titan's get some aftermarket love too?

·
Registered
273 Posts
22" will make a difference. I lost 0.2 in the 1/4 by running my 22". Diesel power is no joke. the ones with turbos can be insane fast for a 7,000 lbs truck.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Good racin and watch those Diesels, if they whistle loud leave them alone. It is a tattle tale. Most mods they put on diesels will make the whistle sound of the turbo spooling up a lot louder.

·
Banned
343 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
zo6freak said:
Yea man good races!!! You gotta watch out for those modded 6.0's!!! Terry (smokenss) has intake, exhaust, Headers, and a tune on his SS Silverado and hes pulling 14.5's consistantly and none of the NA titans in Vegas can get any where near his times. A tune makes A WORLD of difference on the Chevy motors.

This is him racing a Z06.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/MorepowerTY/?action=view&current=14secondSSvs03Z06Corvette.flv
The stock SS (I assume stock cause he left after I beat him) ran a 16.10 here in Florida and I ran a 15.15 with CAI, generic tune and cat back. I don't have my headers on yet so I think a well modded SS will be a good race for a well modded Titan.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Yes, Diesel power is no joke. Just last week, I saw a 15" Lifted F250, on 40" Tires, and he had a upgraded turbo, exhaust, and I am sure plenty more. This guy from a take off, and no turbo lag, and shot off like a rocket. I tried to get up to him to race, but he had gotten on the freeway and I said freak it!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Papa_D said:
The stock SS (I assume stock cause he left after I beat him) ran a 16.10 here in Florida and I ran a 15.15 with CAI, generic tune and cat back. I don't have my headers on yet so I think a well modded SS will be a good race for a well modded Titan.
You would think so but terry or smoknss as he is known here runs his consistent 14.5's at 2200 feet. Dudes with his mods at sea level are pulling sub 14's all day in those trucks. GM trucks may be a contender for titans with just bolt ons but once the truck gets a full blown tune the GM guys can pretty much say good bye to everyone.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Papa_D said:
SS times are all over the place. I think I was 15 stock. I'm now running mid 13's with SC and stock pulley in 80+ degree weather. Lower temps should help put me mid 13's. Hopefully with my pulley change I'll be low 13's and I'll be there for ever since another pulley change will require a built trans:crying:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All I know is, is that my friend took his truck to the shop to get the new clutch put in, and while he was in there got some stuff done to it. Whenever somebody asks what he has on it, he just says some stuff. But Im telling you, he is like a truck length behind that Fast GT Mustang. His Truck does make the sound you are talking about when he gasses on it. And it makes a completely different sound idling than most diesels I have ever heard. Especially if he lets off the clutch you can hear it, but OMG its like snatch your head back in the seat power. I mean who would have thought he could outrun a Hemi Powered Charger, but he left him. It seems like everything he touches turns extremely fast though. He had a 05 Corvette Convertible with alot of stuff on it for a whilee, and it was fasstttt. , and then he had a 2500 HD jacked up, that would outrun most of the trucks around here. Now this diesel. But my friend was beat last night, whenever my other friend broke out his truck. its a 73 Chevy, with a 402, with a stroker, and its wet. Its straight from the track, but they made it street legal. I rode with him, when he raced my buddy in the diesel, and OMG. It supposedly ran 11's at the track before they made it street legal.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And some of you Texas or La guys need to make a drive down here one night, and do some racing. I need somebody with a fast titan to show ole chevy a thing or two. I live right on the La border, its a good road trip.

·
Registered
354 Posts
nissane2w said:
Nice kill on the SS. Your truck sounds like it's pretty fast.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He did!! BADD..

·
Banned
25 Posts
Good story dude. Those Cheby 6.0's can be a lil devil on wheels when modded. I think you could of did a lot better if you turned the A/C off,stock tires, and windows up (more aerodynamic) like everyone else said you probably would of been a lot closer if you did that.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Blacksmokey said:
Good story dude. Those Cheby 6.0's can be a lil devil on wheels when modded. I think you could of did a lot better if you turned the A/C off,stock tires, and windows up (more aerodynamic) like everyone else said you probably would of been a lot closer if you did that.
im still waiting on pics of your dodge... :smoke: lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts