Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so... i got my new procomp coilovers... and they're almost cranked, they have like 2 threads left until being maxed out... i was TOLD that having them cranked that much will give me about 2 inches of lift to my front end... any truth behind that? cuz my truck is rubbin' pretty good right now when i go off a rounded curb and turn..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
ChosenFew36 said:
so... i got my new procomp coilovers... and they're almost cranked, they have like 2 threads left until being maxed out... i was TOLD that having them cranked that much will give me about 2 inches of lift to my front end... any truth behind that? cuz my truck is rubbin' pretty good right now when i go off a rounded curb and turn..
ughh, you'll have way too much preload bruther. the ride i would imagine is stiff as hell. anyhow, yeah, having them cranked that much should give you a little over 2"s of lift. how are you rubbing with that much lift?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh... haha i forgot to say that they're not on the truck yet- haha i just picked 'em up tonight! but i will back them off tomorrow before i put them on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
lmfao forgot something reall important there buddy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
ChosenFew36 said:
oh... haha i forgot to say that they're not on the truck yet- haha i just picked 'em up tonight! but i will back them off tomorrow before i put them on!
were these ProComp coilovers rebuilt? they've had a history of internal implosion although from what i've read from a ProComp rep, haunting this forum, he's said they finallly figured it out, the problem that is. the first sign that they're jacked is a clunking when you hit ruts and bumps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha probably not... great- do they do a free rebuild? or is that an arm+leg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
ChosenFew36 said:
haha probably not... great- do they do a free rebuild? or is that an arm+leg?
they should do a free rebuild, don't know if you have to be the original owner though. they rebuilt TitanicDJ's and Tillery444's ProComp coilovers twice and supposedly the 3rd rebuild was supposed to be the sh!t, but they had already gotten new ones and sold the ProComp coilovers for cheap to others with a bracket lift w/o C/Os. but then i've heard that the 3rd gen rebuild has been good. so, are your's new new or used new? :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, they were installed for 300 miles and my best friend's truck... so i am assuming he can send them in if there is a problem since he is the original purchaser? haha- it seems i may have gotten myself into a little mess here! haha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
ChosenFew36 said:
well, they were installed for 300 miles and my best friend's truck... so i am assuming he can send them in if there is a problem since he is the original purchaser? haha- it seems i may have gotten myself into a little mess here! haha!
nah, not that big a deal. if you run into a problem with them, do just that. have your buddy send them in and get them rebuilt. they'll be, if not already good as gold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man, i called a few places today to have them installed and i thought "psh.. $200? i can do it myself" and i've always worked on my own stuff- but needed help along the way ya know? so i told the guys in my shop today "seriously, don't help me- no matter how bad i beg" and.. well, they didnt haha so i put 'em on in about 2 hours, but it was not fun- and i think i got a broken thumb outta the deal! oh well, they look rad- and lifted my truck about an inch after i backed off the tension.. i'm happy!... unless they're junk! hahahaha oh well i'll do like you said- thanks for your help hooligan!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top