Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen that new commercial with the Dodge Hemi beating the Ford in a drag race with trailers??? Thats pretty funny how they didnt take shots back at the titan just had to let everybody know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Actually, I haven’t seen ANY truck commercials that go head to head against the Titan. Maybe this is the Big Three’s way of burying their head in the sand. Like a, “if we don’t look at it, maybe it’ll just go away” kind of attitude. Sorry Big 3, the Titan’s here… and it’s hungry!

·
Registered
37 Posts
pistonpete said:
Haven't seen it yet but I am sure that the reason that Dodge picked the Ford is because it views the Ford as its main competitor.
Um, I'm sure they picked Ford because they can actually beat a ford... :jester:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hector313 said:
Actually, I haven’t seen ANY truck commercials that go head to head against the Titan. Maybe this is the Big Three’s way of burying their head in the sand. Like a, “if we don’t look at it, maybe it’ll just go away” kind of attitude. Sorry Big 3, the Titan’s here… and it’s hungry!

There is a titan commerial that shows the titan out-towing a dodge hemi at the end.
check it out.

http://www.nissanoffroad.com/Titan/Titan_tow.mpg

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
TITAN21 said:
are we sure that is a hemi? over at the dodge boards they saying nissan admitted it wasn't a hemi, anyone know?
The commercial has "simulated demonstration" disclaimer anyway.

·
Registered
160 Posts
TITAN21 said:
are we sure that is a hemi? over at the dodge boards they saying nissan admitted it wasn't a hemi, anyone know?
Titan21,

It looks and sounds like a duck, has to be a hemi. :jester:

·
Registered
739 Posts
not a hemi

TITAN21 said:
The disclaimer in the commercial says it is the standard Dodge ram Quad cab v-8 - so it is not the hemi. But Truck World did a towing test against the Hemi and the Titan smoked it. It might not have pulled away as fast as the Titan in the commercial did, but it did pull away!

As to the Dodge not being a Hemi - I think Nissan's point was to show the standard engines against each other. You have to pay extra to get a hemi!

·
Registered
382 Posts
keane said:
The disclaimer in the commercial says it is the standard Dodge ram Quad cab v-8 - so it is not the hemi. But Truck World did a towing test against the Hemi and the Titan smoked it. It might not have pulled away as fast as the Titan in the commercial did, but it did pull away!

As to the Dodge not being a Hemi - I think Nissan's point was to show the standard engines against each other. You have to pay extra to get a hemi!

Dont squash my fantasy. In every test the only engine that beat the titan was the hemi (not at towing) and isnt the hemi the optional engine anyway right? The titan engine is standard. I just like the look of the titan pulling away from the dodge.

* edit*
Man i have to start reading all the posts before i reply, you already answered my question. Sorry

·
Registered
739 Posts
Fantasy?

tikigod said:
Dont squash my fantasy. In every test the only engine that beat the titan was the hemi (not at towing) and isnt the hemi the optional engine anyway right? The titan engine is standard. I just like the look of the titan pulling away from the dodge.

* edit*
Man i have to start reading all the posts before i reply, you already answered my question. Sorry

In your fantasy, you actually want the Hemi to beat the Titan?? I haven't heard of any tests where the Hemi has beat the Titan - except in stated HP and Torque. :smoke:

·
Registered
37 Posts
truck world quote

Here's the quote from truck world (this is towing a 4,100 boat/trailer)

"Little changed as the speeds and distances of our impromptu on-ramp challenge increased. By the time the Nissan clipped 60mph, the Dodge still needed another two seconds and 170 feet of track to reach the same speed, the Ford three seconds and some 350 feet, and the outgunned 5.3-liter-powered Chevy more than four seconds and an additional 300 feet. "

170 feet - LOL - I think the commericail is being modest. :upsidedow

·
Registered
382 Posts
keane said:
In your fantasy, you actually want the Hemi to beat the Titan?? I haven't heard of any tests where the Hemi has beat the Titan - except in stated HP and Torque. :smoke:
No no on i mean that it was a hemi in the background. Sorry bad explantion.

·
Registered
174 Posts
keane said:

The Hemi has more HP. The Titan has more torque! Titan 379, Hemi 375! :smoke:

·
Registered
622 Posts
LS1POWERED said:
The Hemi has more HP. The Titan has more torque! Titan 379, Hemi 375! :smoke:
the TITAN puts out more torque at lower rpm's also than the overhyped and overated hemi. i got some guy at my work who is talking all this **** on me with my new TITAN, telling me he can take me in his hemi. it was great as we were getting off the other night he rolls up talking all this crap, and all our co-workers were standing around, and this one guy says "i'd take that truck before i'd take anything dodge, dodge is ****." another guy added "you are actually comparing dodge to nissan? dodge is horrible." needless to say, mr. hemi drove away sad. TITAN wins again :haveredfl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts