Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two different topics here. My old stock exhaust had rusted to the point that I was able to peel the metal off the pipes and flanges. Was going to replace with a factory setup, but found it cheaper to replace with aftermarket setup from a local exhaust shop. I had them install a 22inch Oval Magnaflow 3"/2.5" si/so connected to a 2011 factory tailpipe they had laying around. It sounds great, big improvement over the factory sound without being obnoxious loud. I havn't noticed the drone that others have mentioned, maybe because it has the 2011 tip.
I have been having issues with my heat shield on the driver side inbetween the first cat and the second cat (or the resonator). Its the heat shield that completely covers the exhaust for abour 12 inches and wraps around the 02 bung. I brought it in to the dealer about 2 months ago to have them fix the grinding noise it caused at 1200-1500 rpms. The truck is a 2006 LE with 49k miles on the odometer. They said it wasn't under warranty and charged me $60 to 'adjust' the heat shield. The noise came back a few weeks later, at which time I decided to just wait it out because of other issues ive had with this dealer. While I was having the exhaust replaced, I noticed that the heat shield they 'adjusted' had been split apart right by the O2 sensor. By this time it had been rattling quit a bit and became embarressing to even drive in parking lots. Brought it back to them, they took a look and 'adjusted' it again. I know its going to come up again and Im going to have to bring it back to have them adjust it. Anyone else having this issue and is this the proper way to fix it?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The little stainless steel bands that hold the heat shields on broke on my exhaust. So I replaced them with the worm type stainless hose clamps, took about 5 minutes to replace them all. No more rattle.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The little stainless steel bands that hold the heat shields on broke on my exhaust. So I replaced them with the worm type stainless hose clamps, took about 5 minutes to replace them all. No more rattle.
I replaced mine with this. They haven't rattled since.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts