Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the pics from the install...came out really awesome...exactly the sound I was looking for. I couldn't be happier!! They cut off the stock pipes right at the rear cats. Ran new 2.5'' pipes to my new FM y-pipe and then ran new 3'' pipe from there to the FM 40 series muffler. Then they kept the OEM exhaust from there and cut off the OEM tail pipe and welded on the tip. The tip is pretty much hidden from the rear. You can see it if you're fairly far away. But you can definitely hear it! :)

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
This is my doing... :D looks good!

I really need a weld on tip... Noticed my CIS came back, took a look and my tip was gone. Mustve lost it out in the pasture... Haha.

Reactions: tcoche

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
that looks freakin sick.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I cant keep my freakin foot out of the gas pedal... :teethmast I love when it gets at about 1700-2400 RPMS. That range sounds sooo good to my ears. Yes! Credit goes to StormTroopin. :teethmast :cheers: The extra cost involved in this for the y-pipe was definitely StormTroopin's fault. :D I was going to wait on the y-pipe and add that later. But, I am glad StormTroopin gave me the advice and push to do it now, definitely worth it! :teethmast

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
That extra pull is really worth it huh? :D we need a vid!

My only regret is not doing it earlier... Haha.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I put same Y-pipe on my truck with MF hi-flow cats and JBA shorties. Seems like truck put on several hundred pounds after replacing factory y-pipe. Not as snappy when passing now. Running Superchips programmer on 87 performance setting as usual. Maybe too free flowing now? Will adding CAI help or make it worse now that the exhaust is so free???

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Coolest dad- go unhook your battery for around 20 minutes, then try it. Let the ecu relearn itself to the new exhaust

·
Registered
113 Posts
Could I just reinstall the program from the tuner?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
No that wouldn't change it. When you unhook the battery, the programmer tune stays on but resets everything else. Lots of guys do that after each performance mod they do. But for safety, I always set the truck back to stock then unhook the battery, and reprogram it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
OK sounds cool. I will give it a whirl this afternoon! THANKS!!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Congrats!!! Looks really good!

Seems like truck put on several hundred pounds after replacing factory y-pipe. Not as snappy when passing now.
The truck needs time to adjust to the exhaust swap. Do a few WOT run's, that should wake it up. :p

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Coolest dad- go unhook your battery for around 20 minutes, then try it. Let the ecu relearn itself to the new exhaust
Thanks for that info. I went ahead and did this as well. It was sort of feeling like that as well. Not as bad but when I would punch the gas it would feel like it didnt want to go right away, hard to explain. I figured maybe I could get a little more out of her! I disconnected the negative terminal for about 40 mins. It started storming real bad so I ran out in the rain and reconnected it. Jumped in the truck, fired it up and rev'd it a few times and came back inside...soaking wet!! :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
How loud is this set up? I want something deep, but not loud like glass packs. I was looking at the Dyno bullet, but after watching some youtube vids I think that muffler is a little more than I want. I don't want the backfire when it is rev'd. Just the deep tone. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How loud is this set up? I want something deep, but not loud like glass packs. I was looking at the Dyno bullet, but after watching some youtube vids I think that muffler is a little more than I want. I don't want the backfire when it is rev'd. Just the deep tone. Thanks!
That is pretty much what this is..deep tone! It is the 40 series delta flow and the y-pipe. I will definitely get a video posted tom. I couldnt get to it today. I will be installing my Royalty Core grille tom as well so thats when I'll get to it. :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went outside and snapped a fairly quick video. I couldn't drive too much since this is in my apartment complex. So, there is a spot about 1 minute long when I go off and leave, had to go turn around down the road. This doesnt sound very loud on the video. In person it really is different. I like the sound! I thought I rev'd it at the end of the video more than I did. I'll try to post more videos today.

I am thinking about gutting the rear cats today?? yay or nay?? your thoughts on that??

http://youtu.be/oKt0xnZGvI0?hd=1 HD

http://youtu.be/oKt0xnZGvI0 Non HD

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sounds good! If you don't mind, what was your total cost for this? You had it installed correct?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sounds good! If you don't mind, what was your total cost for this? You had it installed correct?
Yep! Took it to a near by ma and pa shop. Every other shop around me wanted sooo much more. I researched and called all over.

The muffler was 76 buks, the y-pipe was 45 buks and with all the pipe, tip, labor and parts it was 290 to install everything. Seems high for install I know. But, there was literally no shops around here that would touch it for less than 470. :D

Edit: the tip I forgot was actually included in the 290..my bad! So total for everything was 411

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am thinking about gutting the rear cats today?? yay or nay?? your thoughts on that??
anyone have any experience with this or thoughts??? thanks

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
anyone have any experience with this or thoughts??? thanks
i've heard its a great mod that yields power results. talk to deerslayer, he seems to be the exhaust expert. He's only tried like 100000 different set ups.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i've heard its a great mod that yields power results. talk to deerslayer, he seems to be the exhaust expert. He's only tried like 100000 different set ups.
Cool! Thanks for the input. Ill probably do it next week since I'll be off work. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts