Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'll be gutting mine soon too... Just be prepared for some stubborn bolts on the b-pipes!
I am well aware of those pesky SOB's. :D Thats why all day yesterday (sat) and today (sun). I would randomly go outside, crawl under the rig and spray the nuts and bolts with PB blaster and the hangers with WD40. So, hopefully they will break loose real easy...:teethmast....wishful thinkin huh :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Nice!! Lol! I did the samething when i had my jeep and before i installed the lift. It worked wonders, no problems with any nuts. :D

I am thinkin about adding these walker b-pipes. You really cant beat the cost, only $40 bucks per side. Also, don't forget both gaskets front and back..part#31540 and 31576. Looks they both come with 2 gaskets for each side. So with shipping you're under $100 bucks. Check em out...walker b-pipes. Click the red start button, then nissan, your year, then titan, then exhaust and finally resonator! :D

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I'd been wanting those for awhile now... But I'm broke haha. Only thing I'm worried about is making my truck even louder! I keep setting off car alarms :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
well I did it...I gutted the 2nd cats today. Not too bad of a job. I would definitely recommend getting a boxed end 22mm wrench for the O2 sensors. I have a big adjustable wrench, but that just wasn't cutting it. So, I went to sears and picked up a 22mm boxed/open ended wrench. I did manage to rip off 2 of the studs with the nuts still attached. I twisted the studs right off. So, I then had to go get my dremmel to cut the remaining broken stud off.

Once I got the stock b-pipes removed I then drilled those 2 studs out with a 3/8 drill bit. Tore out the cats and put everything back together then went to ace hardware for new nuts, anti-sieze and studs.

The last pic is only 1 cat with the insides shown. I didn't get a pic of the 2nd cats insides. But, there is a lot of cat material for each b-pipe.

VIOLA!!! :D

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
well I guess I wasn't quite satisfied after all. I suppose its that beast inside me. I been around muscle cars and big block engines most of my life. Since high school my brother has worked at Summit Racing. He is still there, 20 some years now. He always had engines in his garage on cherry pickers and some sitting on the garage floor. He had an 64 oldsmobile cutlas with a big block 454 in it. I live in CO and my family are back in OH.

Anyway, I wanted a more deep throaty sound and that good vibration! I'm pretty sure I am satisfied now!!! This sounds sooo much better in person than the video I made, which is currently being uploaded to youtube. So, I will post the video shortly. Anyway, here are some photos of the changes, only 25 bucks to make this change. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here is the video of the new setup! What do you guys think??? opinions please??

Dumped FM

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Looks and sounds good! I love the FM sound, just can't bring myself to use a chambered muffler
I was contemplating on having them cut the flowmaster out and get the Dynomax bullet. But, I'd figured I would save some money and try to get the FM to the sound I'm looking for.

I just had a buddy come over and listen to it. He does agree with me. Sounds MUCH better than before and he loves it. So, I'm gonna stick with this for awhile.

Appreciate the feedback! :cheers:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
No problem man! If I ever find one cheap on CL ill grab it and give it a try, but until then my bullet will suffice :D

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
The O2 sensors are before the secondary cats, so in theory there should be no smog issues as it doesn't even read the second cats

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.