Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be replacing my 2004 stock manifolds shortly. I called my trusted shop which quoted me at $600 for install, if any broken bolt heads or anything occurs itll cost extra. I want to tackle this job on my own my worry is the odds of me breaking off the manifold bolt heads since this truck is over ten years old, any input from 04-06 owners that did this job themselves?

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I would not replace with manifolds as those things are junk. Go with JBA long tube headers in the Cajun stage 1 package. These are cheaper and much much more reliable. Breaking the studs is rare just use plenty of PB blaster a week or so before the install and have a few studs and nuts on stand by just in case. I did not have any issues on my 05 but I'm in the south with no salt in the winter time. Remove the heat shields to be able to spray the studs twice a day before you jump on the install. Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered that but will jba Lt's bolt right up to my stock b pipes? Also I wanted to go manifolds because if I do headers ill need a tune and dont have the $$ to dish out for uprev atm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I considered that but will jba Lt's bolt right up to my stock b pipes? Also I wanted to go manifolds because if I do headers ill need a tune and dont have the $$ to dish out for uprev atm.
Yes, they will bolt directly up but you will lose any performance gains because of the stock 2in bpipes. Sure, you can save a nickel right now by putting on manifolds but in a few 1,000 miles those brand new manifolds will crack and you will be in the same boat again and out a lot more money. The Job is not fun if you do it yourself and the labor is not cheap. Do yourself and your truck a favor and give Jeff at Cajun a call for the best products and customer service and seymore4 ( Joe) for the best tuning (uprev.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just had mine replaced. My auto mec only quoted me 3 hrs on install. That's with a warranty as well. They are expensive because the cat is connected. Install is cheap if you have a good mec.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I guarantee those manis won't last. Warranty is a little different. But, if it's coming out of your pocket then I bet you want the best and cheapest fix. For the price of oem manis and cats you can get the Cajun stage 1 package and have it installed. Better performance, reliability, mpgs.. And best customer support from Jeff and joe.. What more could you want?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The real question is... "Do you want to keep your truck? Or are you planning on selling it soon?"

Selling it within the next year or two... manifolds will do and be a cheaper option.

If you like it and want to keep it, smartest move you could ever make is replacing those stock manifolds as suggested above.

It's just that simple. Really.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gas prices are obviously super low. Hell yes I love my truck. It's very clean, runs like a monster and that Rockford sound is still jamming hard from the factory.

Changed plugs, flushed injectors, at 100000. I've run Royal purple throughout the life of the truck. Kept all her fluids topped off.THAT IS ALL. This is the first time I have had a bill over 1000 on her and was bought new. I'm going to get 300000 out of her easy. Then on to that Cummins when they get it tweaked out in a year or two.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts