Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have the SuperPro Spintech dumped and its just too much for us now. I drive to much and now im looking for something alittle quieter. I was wondering if The Flowmaster 40 would sound good with it dumped or should i run the pipe out?
thanks guys

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Dump it over the rear axle. I just did, and I love it compared to before the axle :D

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Try running the Spintech out the back of the truck. My Super 40 is unbelievably louder now that it's dumped before the axle compared to out the back.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont want to much quieter but im tired of the popping with the spintech.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Flows do the exact same thing unless you use resonators before and after the muffler. For as much trouble as most chambered mufflers cause on the Titan, I don't know why anyone even uses them at all. The only chambered muffler I know for a fact that doesn't have that bad sound is a Aerochamber.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have a JBA dumped before the axle and I love it, its very quiet at idle but still has some balls when I punch it. It has nothing on my old exhaust... straight pipes... which made the truck sound like a monster truck. LOL :teethmast:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I ran straights for like a week... Sounds like a freeking lawnmower on steroids. Way to choppy! Look into a bullet? Loud, deep, no pop

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i went with the 40 series and had it drop by the spare tire. I dont like seeing exhaust tails. I love the sound of it, it seems alittle quieter then my superpro but now its deep with little no popping

·
Registered
76 Posts
Flows do the exact same thing unless you use resonators before and after the muffler. For as much trouble as most chambered mufflers cause on the Titan, I don't know why anyone even uses them at all. The only chambered muffler I know for a fact that doesn't have that bad sound is a Aerochamber.
I am a dummy. What is a chambered muffler? What types are out there? What works well on a T?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts