Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took out the factory muffler and installed a Flowmaster 50 series on my titan..i should gain around 1-2 mpg, 5-15 hp and 10-20 torque....anyways ill show you guys pics asap and give u performance details...till then have fun driving your TITAN :haveredfl :cheers:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have a 40 series on mine and it is very loud and i noticed a little better performance after it was put on, i love it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow u got a 40 series? that thing must be very loud...how much did u pay for it? the one i have aint that bad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i paid 250 and i also got a new exhaust tip done...ill post pics soon

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got a 40 series turn down, I love the sound. Not too loud at all. Mine ran me $140. Mine was so cheap b/c no crome tips.

·
Registered
21 Posts
titan907 said:
i took out the factory muffler and installed a Flowmaster 50 series on my titan..i should gain around 1-2 mpg, 5-15 hp and 10-20 torque....anyways ill show you guys pics asap and give u performance details...till then have fun driving your TITAN :haveredfl :cheers:

Any results with the 50 series? Did you see a difference in exterior & interior tone. How did it compare to the throatyness of the stock exhaust?

Did yougo with delta flor or the SUV Perf. setup?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Why is the flowmaster so much cheaper than the Banks?

Nick

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Stainless vs Aluminized. The Banks is an entire kit with mandrel bent pipe, the Flowmaster is just the muffler.

·
Registered
212 Posts
sammy sandbag said:
Stainless vs Aluminized. The Banks is an entire kit with mandrel bent pipe, the Flowmaster is just the muffler.
What are the performance differences between the two?

Nick

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Well that's a pretty difficult question, as no one has done a dyno on both on identical trucks. The Banks is a straight through muffler with a sound suppressing material like steel wool or fiberglass, similar to a glass-pack muffler.

This image shows a cutaway of a stock type muffler on top and a banks type on bottom:

And the Flowmaster uses traditional type baffles, but arranges them so the gases flow more easily. Here's a cut-out of a Flowmaster 70 series:

I prefer the sound of the Flowmaster over a straight through exhaust. Straight through glass-pack type mufflers will also collect moisture, sorta like a sponge. Many companies are now using stainless steel batting to prevent rust, and it should last longer than fiber-glass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts