·
Registered
1,583 Posts
maybe they wanna cut a hole in the current bucket lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are killing me. The black clear part of the drawing represents the stock frame mount.

Our mount bolts on top of the stock mount, uses the three stock shock mount holes and three extra holes drilled thru the stock mount, for support. The hole in the center of the stock frame mount will need some clearancing if a 2.5" shock is used, a 2.0 shock might clear without opening the hole up. As of now it is drawn with a 2.5" x 6" FOA shock. Running a reservoir c/o is also a possibility with this setup. This setup will allow for future upgrades such as modified upper arms and possibly a long travel kit. The kit will also be very affordable.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
just bustin your balls buddy haha it looks pretty legit!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Looks official, would you be selling the brackets that mount onto the factory coil buckets separately or would you run it as a full kit with shocks and all?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would you go with a FOA?

Out of all the guys I know running their shocks I would have to say they are the worst shocks on the market
Well for one you can pick them up for next to nothing compaired to other shocks which means cheaper for the customer and I have heard that out of the box they are no good but if you have someone go through them and replace all the seals and a few minor things they are decent shocks which they might have done since you can order each individual component of the shock from FOA.

I dont think a 2.5 would fit through the hole in the coilbucket and cutting it out would be a pain in the a$$. At that point I would just do shock hoops

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
By the time you have gone through the shock, replaced everything in it, you are at the same price as the 4 major companies. So you might as well buy a good shock 1st and save yourself a huge headache, this way you're not wasting time only to end up with a decent shock
Agreed which is why I dont run FOAs but im sure that they have done stuff to the shocks to fix them up a little.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I could care less what shock they use, I dont understand why they are trying to reinvent the wheel? Every major shock company already has a bolt in shock, who would go though the trouble of drilling 3 extra holes to still have a 6 inch shock and a 2.0 at that?? To fit a 2.5 though the top you would be cutting out 75% of the coilbucket, at that point the bucket would be weak and wouldnt be any better then a direct bolt in coil-over from the other major brands.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
You can order the shocks with upgraded seals & bearings from FOA for an additional cost...

KORE uses a similar shock mount on top of the coil bucket also......

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
But for them you are not cutting out half your bucket to run a 2.5
..True, true.....but the idea still has merit IMHO....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just out of curiosity, why would you go with a FOA?
Out of all the guys I know running their shocks I would have to say they are the worst shocks on the market
First off, I should have mentioned, that you can run any 6" shock you want, and I don't agree with statement of FOA being the "worst shocks on the market". Their quality has improved greatly since they began producing, I would say they are the best shock for their price, hands down.

By the time you have gone through the shock, replaced everything in it, you are at the same price as the 4 major companies. So you might as well buy a good shock 1st and save yourself a huge headache, this way you're not wasting time only to end up with a decent shock
The internal components of the FOA shocks aren't as bad as you think or have been lead to believe. They also offer upgraded seals and wear rings if your going to abuse the shock and they are still way cheaper than other brands.

I could care less what shock they use, I dont understand why they are trying to reinvent the wheel? Every major shock company already has a bolt in shock, who would go though the trouble of drilling 3 extra holes to still have a 6 inch shock and a 2.0 at that?? To fit a 2.5 though the top you would be cutting out 75% of the coilbucket, at that point the bucket would be weak and wouldnt be any better then a direct bolt in coil-over from the other major brands.
Ahhh.... what Debby Downer! Ok, Listen up.
The only other company that offers a set up like this that mounts on top, with longer shocks is NCD! They use a nice billet mount and I don't know how many bolts to bolt it on. Our mount will be less expensive than a billet mount, that is for sure.
With our mount you can run any off the wall 6" shock. You don't need to buy expensive custom length shocks!
The hole in the top of the stock coil mount is already 2.8" in diameter and the diameter of the shock, yea you guessed it, is 2.5"! You wouldn't have to trim much more to clear the shock as it swings out during suspension cycling. I can guarantee that you could put your stock parts back on after installation without any problems.

For those of us who can't afford to purchase $1500 King shocks, that have exactly the same shock travel as stock BTY, we believe there is a market for a less expensive, more versatile setup using the FOA's. Plus we can sell just the mount and no shocks if the customer wants!

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
For those of us who can't afford to purchase $1500 King shocks, that have exactly the same shock travel as stock BTY, we believe there is a market for a less expensive, more versatile setup using the FOA's. Plus we can sell just the mount and no shocks if the customer wants!
So instead of the $1500 shocks, what do you consider to be "more affordable"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts