Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long wobble story:

A terrible wobble that started at 25 mph and continually got worse. I could not drive faster than 71 without the truck shaking apart. I took it in to three different tire shops to have the tires balanced. All the tire shops would take off the wheels, balance and put back on. But the wobble was still there. Finally, after the last tire shop was convinced it was not the wheels I took the Titan to the dealer hoping it was a drive train issue.

Turns out it was. They replaced the front and rear drive shaft. The rear because is was falling apart *(cracked) and the front because the connection with the front diff was bad.

Now no wobble and a long time "clicking" sound from the front of truck is gone as well. All was covered under the 60,000 mile DT warranty.

I also had the rear transmission mount replaced becuase the old one was bad. I paid for the part but the dealer threw in the labor since it was in the area they were working on.

All in all a good dealer experience (Rustom Nissan - PDX). Only three days without the truck and they had to order parts from CA.

But, I am troubled by the driveshaft issue in the first place. Never had this problem on any other vehicle.

e

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea on my part. I have not high centered the truck, drug the drive shaft or put undo strain on it. I have only towed once and that was a light load. I do have slightly larger tires on the truck and the dealer mentioned that may have something to do with the front drive shaft, but I think he was grasping at straws.

He had no explanation for the rear drive shaft other than manufacturing error. If that is the case, I hope it was only on that one.

e

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had to get the front driveshaft on mine changed last year. Had the dealer look at it 3 times before they figured it out. Wobble wasn't as bad as your's sounded like though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts