Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a humming and vibration from front end at > 30mph. Sound goes away when turning to the right so I figured it is most likely front bearings going bad (after 160k miles). Job seems straight forward from forum and youtube tutorials.

Just picked up a pair of new Timken hubs on EBAY for a great price! These say they are OEM - does anyone out there know if that is true?

2 New Nissan Front Wheel Hub Assembly 04 07 Titan Armada QX56 402027S100 | eBay

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Nissan used Timken hubs from the factory, so yes they are OEM, and they are the best bearings you can find, hands down.

EDIT: After viewing your link you posted, i dont think those are actual Timken hubs. They say Timken in the description, but the actual Timken part number for our front hubs is SP500701, where as the ebay ad says they are JRM5000-S. I would be weary of what you are buying.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...e/wheel+hub,wheel+bearing+&+hub+assembly,1636
One of the best places to buy Timken Hubs^

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for looking at them....yes I was confused trying to figure out the exact OEM part number. I zoomed in on the picture provided on the listing and Timken is etched into the bearing, along with the part number (JRM 5000S). Also etched is "Made in USA", the number "549", and some sort of phrase that starts with "WARNING DO NOT...[can't make out the rest])".

I know from the forums that Timkens are excellent so even if not the exact OEM I was going to be very happy with that price!

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Let us know how you like them!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope one of the videos you watched was mine. I need the money... :) YouTube - RideWNC

You should do the rotors and pads at the same time. You will be amazed how nice your truck can ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would except I just did Brakes, Rotors, and new Calipers in the front! I will let everyone know how these bearings work out. There were a few left so great deal if anyone needs them and they turn out to be the real McCoy!

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Just did the job on my 05 and used Moog replacements from Rock Auto $149 each shipped. Those are great replacement parts also I've had great luck with Moog. It's not that bad of a job.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Moog is good, but you need to make sure you are getting a US built one. The overseas model with the same part number isn't the same or as good.
Also, the difference is a three year compared to a one year warranty.
I am running one of each.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Installed the drivers side bearing this weekend (the source of the noise). The old bearing was a BEAR to get out! I beat on it with hammer and chisel for 45 minutes and it hadn't budged. Finally used what seems like a risky trick- I wedged a chisel between the strut bracket and the bearing and used the steering wheel to pressure the bearing out ever so slightly. Once it moved a millimeter or 2 out I was able to use the hammer and chisel to wedge it the rest of the way! The new hub/bearing went in great once I brushed out the rust build up and the front end is quiet again!

Due to time and effort, I abandoned my plans to do both hubs in one day. Will change out the other side when I am feeling up to the challenge!

·
Registered
919 Posts
When I did my drivers side on my 06, it was probably to date one of the biggest pain in the a$$ jobs I had ever done. Like you said I beat the hell out of that thing to get it loose. I had also snapped the bolt off on the caliper bracket (cue a string of 4 letter words that would probably make a nun cry). Had to buy a new bracket the next day, but some of those bolts I used a 6' bar to break loose. Now I start spraying pb blaster or something for a few days before working on something. Broke 5 1/2" ratchets and 7 3/8" (sears didn't like me the next day, they were all craftsman).

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Moog is good, but you need to make sure you are getting a US built one. The overseas model with the same part number isn't the same or as good.
Also, the difference is a three year compared to a one year warranty.
I am running one of each.
Mine had made in USA on the blue and yellow box. Wasn't aware of that thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts