Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, on the way to the grocery store i wanted to see if i could reduplicate my previous best with 22's of a 6.3
Well i not only duplicated it but beat the record as well,lol
got a 6.20 0-60 not too shabby for a 5,300 lb truck with half a tank of gas and big a$$ tires/wheels

Who woulda thought a truck with big tires could haul A$$, i never thought i'd be this fast with 22's on I just can't wait to go to the track with my new setup..

Temps where 93-95F
This was without nitrous,lol

the more and more I think about it I hate the summer!! I want my 50-60f temps back with low humidity,lol

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Nice! Im throwin on some new 20's soon and dreading going backwards performance wise. I know its still there but the seat of ur pants kick isnt the same. now for fun try ur stock setup. bet those goodyears will refuse to get traction lol

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea i've already tried the 18's with the kdw's last month on the way to get retuned, and those things are worthless as far as grabbing, burning rubber till 35-40mph just sucks.. the 22" nitto's are much heavier/wider and still provide a better street 60' and 0-60 time than my kdw's can now..
although last winter i did have a few 5.9 0-60's in 45-60f weather, which i'm sure im probably in the 5.7-5.8 region if i could get traction with smaller tires

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hay i just got a gtech in the mail today. gunna have to try it out tomarrow. Looking through the book i see we need to enter some info. Toomny, we have almost identicle truck weight wise, except for my big tow gears. Can you help me fine tune this thing by telling what you have entered? Weight, RPM limit? hmmm what else...

(also do you have to configure it when you swap tires or have full tank of gas?? or do you just set it up and not touch it. Thanx

·
Registered
669 Posts
The only parameter that will affect your performance TIMES is the pitch. The weight and RPM are just for using the HP function, which I have found to be quite innacurate.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
sc186 said:
The only parameter that will affect your performance TIMES is the pitch. The weight and RPM are just for using the HP function, which I have found to be quite innacurate.
AHHH ok im mostly interested in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Thanks sc186.

Oh can you correct pitch or just use the formula? Since lowered the front end lifts so high at wot now lol. its fun but probably hurting forward drive

·
Registered
669 Posts
The extra lift will likely degrade your G-tech times because of the telemetry issues, however it will help weight transfer to the rear end when you launch and would most likely HELP your real world times. You can also remove your front sway bar to improve weight transfer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts