Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my name's Dustin aka earz. I just bought a 2005 crew cab LE. Loving it so far. Not going to waste too much time getting pics until all this snow melts and I can get it cleaned up, but here's what it looks like.

I've got a set of Hellwig Traction helper springs ordered for it because I noticed axle wrap on the first day of driving it.

Here's a little list of PO mods:
-tinted windows and windshield visor
-Magnaflow muffler that dumps right under the cab
-K&N drop in filter
-folding tonneau cover

Things I plan on changing:
-The visor will be removed because I'm 6'6" and it blocks my view.
-I may run the exhaust pipe at least to the rear wheel just to help keep the cab a little quieter.
-I think the tonneau cover might be a BAK - anyone know how to tell? One of the panels is cracked, and who ever installed it did a lousy job because the front panel doesn't sit flush or latch properly so I'll have to fix that at some point.

I plan on swapping the chrome handles, mirrors, grill/bumper for color-matched pieces so if anyone's wanting to get some bling - hit me up. It's about 20*F at the warmest part of the day right now so I'm not in a huge hurry to get out and do some wrenching.

Oh and gonna need tires soon. I'm wanting something with a fairly decent tread - somewhere between street tires and super gnarly mud tires. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Nice T and welcome to titantalk bud.

I'm about to jump to Nitto Terra Grapplers, for my current Toyo AT's. The toyo's are great in just about everything but mud and look alright but are spendy. Good luck pickin' out mods too! The mod bug bites hard...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Welcome and btw, what does axle wrap feel like anyway...it's one of those thing I hear about but don't understand, then again I don't tow and weather here is mostly the same besides a little rain.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Welcome & Congrats on the the T.

Nitto Terra Grapplers are a good in the middle type of tire.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Welcome, nice looking truck. I have the BFG AT's and they work well for me in mud, beach sand, daily driving, and in the rain.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Welcome, looks good. If you have 2005 OEM spring shackles, swap them for some 2008+ Nissan shackles or PRG shackles before they unroll and send a spring through the bed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome and btw, what does axle wrap feel like anyway...it's one of those thing I hear about but don't understand, then again I don't tow and weather here is mostly the same besides a little rain.
I went to pass someone and got on it pretty good. The truck didn't accelerate immediately - almost like there was a delay and then the rear end decided to catch up with the transmission. Everything Ive read points to axle wrap.

halfoftwo said:
I have the BFG AT's and they work well for me in mud, beach sand, daily driving, and in the rain.
I've considered the BFG AT's. My dad ha always ran them on his Dodge and had good luck with them.

Reactions: Titan332009

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the truck... I also say the nitto terra grapplers...but I don't know how great they are in the snow... I lived in vegas so it wasn't a problem...

·
Registered
961 Posts
welcome aboard. nice looking ride.. No need to swap out the chrome, just go buy some bedliner and spray your life away. lol

i wouldn't worry about running the pipes out the back, mine runs back to the stock position and it's still pretty noisy.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Welcome to TT, nice looking T!
Enjoy, and as mentioned already, MODs are addicting!!

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Congars on the new T and welcome to TT.

·
Registered
801 Posts
welcome wow

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
thanks for all the welcomes. I'm quite familiar with the mod bug. I mod everything whether it be my iphone, vehicles, or bikes. I've already got a grocery list of mods to do to the T. We'll see how much time I have left over after work, school, and caring for my newborn son. :)

No need to swap out the chrome, just go buy some bedliner and spray your life away. lol
thought about that but i'd rather bedliner a painted piece and let someone else enjoy the chrome.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Finally got some warm weather and I had a chance to get it cleaned up and a few pics taken.

I've got a whole list of things I want do. I'm thinking of trying Duplicolor Shadow on all the chrome bits. If it doesn't work out, I can always shoot 'em with bedliner. I also picked up a good used set of Maxxis Bighorns that I'll be putting on after I get a chance to paint the wheels black, but for the time being, I've got to fix this eyesore:

I'm SOOO pissed about this. Long story short - Went golfing. Saw a few guys I know. Get a text from one of them that the other guy hit a black truck with a golf cart. I thought he was joking and said that I rode with my golf partner to the course, otherwise it might have been my truck (I had actually driven there). He asked "You have a black truck?". Anyway - get done golfing way later than expected and am late for dinner reservations. Hop in and go home. Been busy all day running around in the wifes car and notice this when I get home. I call the guy that text me and no answer. I call the other guy and just chit chat about golf. Then I ask about him hitting something with a golf cart in the p-lot. He says "well, let me think....nope, I didn't hit anything. I don't know what [the other guy] was telling you, where was your truck parked?" and suddenly develops a nervous laugh. By the time I talked to the other guy, it was "Dude, I was just kidding about him hitting your truck, we weren't anywhere near your truck". I've known both of these guys for a while and they both have been of decent moral character as far as I can tell, but it's just too damn coincidental that it's white paint transfer and there's fiberglass stuck in it. Grrrrrr.....frustrating.

Anyone know how hard it is to get just that corner piece off?

·
Registered
984 Posts
that's def. a golf-cart hit...time to go beat some ***.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Welcome "new guy"! You know i took your advise, i include a 10 atm and holder with all the kits now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts