Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for an official "Introduce Yourself" thread, and I couldn't find one. If I missed it, I appologize, and if I didn't, it'd probably be a good addition to the site!

I'm looking to purchase a Titan towards the end of the year assuming a couple of things check out (namely insurance costs and if gas stays under $4). I was deciding between a new model frontier or titan, and I decided to follow my motto of "go big or go home." Plus, my girlfriend lives in this town in KY where everyone just looooves their Chevys, Fords, and Dodges. I'm looking forward to representing Nissan in their American made world.

Anywho, I'm just here to learn more about the truck before I buy it. This site looks pretty extensive, and I'm looking forward to learning and meeting new people.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Daniel

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
onelowmini said:
Welcome to the site...I live in Cali so Gas and Ins is more like a second Mortgage
thanks. that's a crazy truck you've got there! lol. i don't think i'll be going that extreme if I ever lifted it, it'd be a moderate one. I've got a friend that's moving to CA later this year who drive a Nissan 350z. He's moving WITH the 350z, no truck or anything. I think he's crazy.

·
Premium Member
92,251 Posts
A 350Z? What? Does he live in a closet? There's hardly enough room for an overnight bag in one of those! :jester: Welcome to the forum. Tons of info here. Browse around, check the "stickies" in the various forums. Lots of good stuff compiled in one place on those. Also check out the "Best of Titantalk" thread. GREAT place to start! Enjoy and if you have any questions, just ask!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blackbeauty said:
A 350Z? What? Does he live in a closet? There's hardly enough room for an overnight bag in one of those! :jester: Welcome to the forum. Tons of info here. Browse around, check the "stickies" in the various forums. Lots of good stuff compiled in one place on those. Also check out the "Best of Titantalk" thread. GREAT place to start! Enjoy and if you have any questions, just ask!
haha yeah i know. we're actually both members of 350zmotoring.com. i'm a mod there. i don't own the car, but i'm pretty familiar with it so i'm very aware of how insane he is. he's selling everything that won't fit in the Z to move.

thanks for the welcome, and i will definitely have to read up as there seems to be a LOT of discussion that's taken place on the forum already.

nice titan btw!

·
Super Moderator
36,626 Posts
welcome to TT...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DeadRiver said:
welcome dude.. make yourself at home.

what titan are you considering, kc, cc? and, with 08 you'll get bed options!

if you plan to tow, i suggest the big tow package, something i overlooked when buying and hadn't really thought about.
Most likely a 2004 crew cab (that is the 4 door, right?), 4wd. The amenities aren't as important to me, but I am interested in the traction package and premium audio package. I wihs I could afford a brand new titan, but I can't.

What all is included in the big tow package? If you want me to search, I can.

To the rest: Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
DVan8504 said:
Most likely a 2004 crew cab (that is the 4 door, right?), 4wd. The amenities aren't as important to me, but I am interested in the traction package and premium audio package. I wihs I could afford a brand new titan, but I can't.

What all is included in the big tow package? If you want me to search, I can.

To the rest: Thanks for the welcome!
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-towing-hauling/53787-big-tow-towing-vs-non-big-tow.html?highlight=big+tow+package
• Class IV receiver hitch
• Additional 7-pin wiring harness plug
• Trailer brake controller pre-wiring under instrument panel
• Heavy-duty battery (710 CCA)
• Lower final gear ratio (3.36:1); similar to 4.10:1 on a 4-speed automatic
• Extendable tow mirrors (N/A on XE)
• Transmission temperature gauge
• Increased tow capacity

·
Premium Member
43,111 Posts
Welcome to TT and I must say it's nice to see a new member that is somewhat familiar to forums.

I think you will fit in well here!

Again, If you can't find what you need with a search the people here are great about helping!

Good luck with your purchase and just remember that Majestic Blue is the fastest and best looking!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BuckyBadger said:
• Class IV receiver hitch
• Additional 7-pin wiring harness plug
• Trailer brake controller pre-wiring under instrument panel
• Heavy-duty battery (710 CCA)
• Lower final gear ratio (3.36:1); similar to 4.10:1 on a 4-speed automatic
• Extendable tow mirrors (N/A on XE)
• Transmission temperature gauge
• Increased tow capacity
Thanks! I don't think I'll need to tow anything big enough to justify the expense of all that, but it's good to know my options.

gadget74 said:
Welcome to TT and I must say it's nice to see a new member that is somewhat familiar to forums.

I think you will fit in well here!

Again, If you can't find what you need with a search the people here are great about helping!

Good luck with your purchase and just remember that Majestic Blue is the fastest and best looking!!
Yeah, the forum I'm a moderator on is vbulletin also, so I am very familiar with the controls here.

The purchase is nearing. I checked insurance today, and it'll only go up $51/year over my accord which I think is very acceptable. Blue wouldn't be a bad choice. I love black, but I've always heard it's so hard to keep clean. The dark to mid gray color would be nice. No white for sure. (Current car's white, don't like it.)

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just an update: Went to test drive a Titan this past Saturday, and I loved it though it's going to take some getting used to driving something that big compared to my car. It was exactly what I wanted except it was a 2007 which I'm pretty sure I can't afford, but it was that dark grey color, crew cab, etc. I emailed the salesman today and told him what I was looking for. I hope to go test driving more this weekend at different dealers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DeadRiver said:
i was in a mazda mx-6 before my titan. it's a bit different but before you know it you'll be parking in tight spots and hauling *** down the road just as you used too...

i'm glad the titan has a nice turning radius, especially in town.
Yes, I was surprised at how remarkably easy it was to maneuver in the short time I drove it. I've read it's easier to drive than the frontier at low speeds.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I don't drive that far, only 40 mi a day but I feel your pain. The Frontiers are a good truck, I had one but if you get a V6 it doesn't get great mileage either. Welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Papa_D said:
I don't drive that far, only 40 mi a day but I feel your pain. The Frontiers are a good truck, I had one but if you get a V6 it doesn't get great mileage either. Welcome and good luck.
Thanks, and the mpg is a big reason I didn't go with the new frontier. Great truck it seems, but to only get like 2 mpg better than the Titan and not much cheaper if any really, then I'll take the big boy truck :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts