Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good night guys. Just wanted to say hello. Just joined the forum after buying my first ever 2006 Nissan Titan XE 2WD this past Saturday. Got it with 148k miles on it from a small dealership in Fort Myers, FL. Take a look at the pics (more pics coming up soon) and let me know what you think. Also, any suggestions about what to replace, upgrade, etc? Do's and Don'ts would be extremely appreciated.

·
Registered
04 Titan KC,02 Mustang GT
19 Posts
Welcome to Titantalk.Hopefully you enjoy the T,and it treats you as well as it treats most of us that still own and drive these trucks.

Not sure if they were ever changed,but one thing you'll likely have to change/upgrade are the exhaust manifolds.The factory manifolds are totally junk and sooner or later develop cracks and cause an exhaust leak.So rather than getting another set of the factories,its better to just get a set of Long Tubes and B-Pipes from cajunbpipes.You'll not only have a power increase,but you'll very likely never have to worry about cracked manifolds again,and we'll all tell you removing the exhaust manifolds on these trucks can be a definite PITA that'll make you not want to do it again,so its better to do it right the first time.And to get the most out of it in terms of power and reliability it behooves you to get a tune.In fact cajunbpipes has a cracked manifold package that comes with virtually everything you need(Headers,B Pipes,and Tuner),when replacing the factory manifolds.But if they're not offsetting any trouble at the moment,you can leave them alone for now.

Aside from that if you haven't done so already just give the truck a general look around for seeps/leaks of oil,tranny fluid,coolant,and diff fluid.As well as the condition of the control arms,bushings,and shocks&struts.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,042 Posts
First thing I did with the 06 that I picked up last year was clean up the headlights, throw some LEDs in (was about a $40 cost) and then had a muffler delete done. Then I wound up trading it in.... lol

Welcome aboard, oh and on the 06 I had, the rear window mechanism went to hell, so careful with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts