Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! just bought a 2005 Titan king cab, I got a couple of issues with it and wanted to know if anybody has the same things going on? 1 the front end rides like hell, you can feel all the bumps in the road. 2 going down hill coasting it will down shift itself. is that normal? 3 the back doors feel like they are going to fall off when you hit any bumps. can this be fixed? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
392 Posts
can't answer 3 cause I have a crew, #2, are you on the brake, if so this is normal, it is computer controled depending on grade and how you ride the brake, #1, (i assume it is used), how many miles?

Oh btw, WELCOME.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Welcome to TT. Did it come with some kind of warranty? Maybe?....:cheers: Enjoy the forum. There are many great threads available.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it has 56000 miles. No iam not using the brake, I called the dealer and they told me it has some kind of computer thing in it that made it so it wont go faster than when you started coasting. bullsh**?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Allen titan said:
it has 56000 miles. No iam not using the brake, I called the dealer and they told me it has some kind of computer thing in it that made it so it wont go faster than when you started coasting. bullsh**?:dunno:
If it vibrates during those times it is possible and doubtful that either a universal joint on the drive shaft is going bad. Or the torque converter is malfunctioning. Not likely at 56,000mi.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Since the trans is a 5 speed when you tap the brakes on a down grade it does feel like you're engine braking. If you give it a small bit of gas you will feel it upshift again. You'll get used to it soon.

Clint

·
Registered
392 Posts
back to #1, 56k, a few people have changed the struts on the front and shocks on rear for better ride. If that has already been done, they may be harsher feeling for better performance. If that has not been done, it may need to be. They may simply be worn more than your comfort level. These trucks are very good at conveying road feel. It may just simply a different feel than the sloppier feeling of other vehicles that you have driven. I have drove ALL of the 'big 3' and they all felt sloppier on the road than my titan. One of the reasons I bought it! It feels agile, responsive, sporty! If your truck is not all of this AND you are feeling bumps like crazy, they may need replacing.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Clint said:
Since the trans is a 5 speed when you tap the brakes on a down grade it does feel like you're engine braking. If you give it a small bit of gas you will feel it upshift again. You'll get used to it soon.

Clint
about #2, Clint is on point, and so was your salesman that you said was full of it HAHAHA, it is computer controled and useful to save your brakes. Mine(and I'm sure others') even downshifts on Cruise Control if speed increases past a point when I'm going downhill.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Welcome!
1. You need front shocks, the Titan needs frt shocks when they're new...PRG has a cool Bilstein swap program, or you can go with even better shocks depending on your needs & wallet. Call Greg @ PRG.
2. I have the KC and yes there is a little rear door movement, but if it seems excessive, you might be able to pull them in tighter by adjusting the door latches or pin.
3. The Titan does indeed have a computer controller "hill desent" program to prevent run-away downhill speed. Hit the gas a little and over time it won't seem so weird...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts