Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone. Looks like this is a great site. Just bought my 08' on Sat. and already have a long list of mods I want to do. I have already read alot of threads and plan on reading countless more so I hopefully won't ask too many redundant questions. I do have a couple of quick ones though.

Is there a big difference in using Regular vs. Super other than cost? I know it made a difference in the VQ wich our engine is based on.

What are the benefits of the 2 degree timing advance and is there anything negative about it?

Thanks in advance for any and all help/input.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hey. I don't have the answers to your questions, but welcome to the wonderful world of owning a Titan. :futwice:

·
Super Moderator
160,986 Posts
Welcome to the boards and congrats on your purchase! :thumbsup:

Here's a couple of responses to your questions:

Regular vs. Premium has been discussed here quite a few times. It's about split down the middle as to whether it helps or not. I say unless you're putting a tune on the truck (UpRev Osiris) or similar, run the regular. I run premium when I'm towing, just to be safe in trying to keep pre detonation to a minimum.

I personally haven't read any negatives on the 2*. I've had that done on mine and really liked the better response I seem to have. Especially from a rolling speed to going heavy on the gas, such as to overtake another vehicle.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hey new guy,welcome,yeah I'm with Carbeaux,run the regular until it's time to tow or you do some serious mod's.
Enjoy your ride,any questions,these are a great bunch of guys for help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts