Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purchased my titan about 1 week ago. i love it. i have been reading the threads and i just joined in. this is a great idea.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to this great site. I have learned so much from the people here. Actually, I learned more here than I did at the dealership and even some parts of the manual. The only thing I caution is that this place is almost as addictive as driving the Titan itself. :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pistonpete said:
Welcome to this great site. I have learned so much from the people here. Actually, I learned more here than I did at the dealership and even some parts of the manua. The only thing I caution is that this place is almost as addictive as driving the Titan itself. :cheers:

What kind of bike do you ride?

·
Registered
359 Posts
pistonpete said:
Welcome to this great site. I have learned so much from the people here. Actually, I learned more here than I did at the dealership and even some parts of the manua. The only thing I caution is that this place is almost as addictive as driving the Titan itself. :cheers:
Yep, I'm hooked on TitanTalk...my hunting forum buddies are ribbing me about two-timing em...hehe This is really a wonderful accompaniment to Titan ownership and the shared feelings, impressions, and info about Titan is irresistable to anyone who loves this awesome truck! A hearty welcome to you, TFRIZ, and may you long enjoy your Titan and TitanTalk! :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pistonpete said:
I have a '94 Kawaski ZX-7 with about 55,000 miles on it and the one in my avatar is my 2002 MV Agusta F4 Strada. Do you ride? There are actually several of us on this site that ride.

I had a '94 honda cbr600 f2. sold it in 98. Mostly ride my 2000 polaris xpedition quad. not so much time anymore for a street bike.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
pistonpete said:
I have a '94 Kawaski ZX-7 with about 55,000 miles on it and the one in my avatar is my 2002 MV Agusta F4 Strada. Do you ride? There are actually several of us on this site that ride.
55,000 are you sure, :jester: did you mean 5,000 thats what i have on my 02 gixxer 1000 :cheers: did you put that many miles on that kawi without redoing the gearbox. i had an older kawi and could not keep 2nd gear in that bastard :crying: but it ran like a scalded dog :jester: :upsidedow

·
Registered
163 Posts
got_titan said:
55,000 are you sure, :jester: did you mean 5,000 thats what i have on my 02 gixxer 1000 :cheers: did you put that many miles on that kawi without redoing the gearbox. i had an older kawi and could not keep 2nd gear in that bastard :crying: but it ran like a scalded dog :jester: :upsidedow
Yup, I meant 55,000. I usually put on between 6-8,000 miles a year. You gotta remember, we can ride year round in Florida, just no curves to enjoy. It has seen the Smokey Mts. of Tennessee/N.C. several times in which we usually put about 1000-1500 miles on those trips alone. As far as it running, this is the 2nd motor I have put in it in which it has 35,000 miles on it. The first motor blew up on me as I was racing it down at Homestead in a CCS event. They make you drain your radiator fluid and just use water and I guess I didn't have one of the hose clamps on good enough when I made the switch. Someone told me that it is not a good idea to run around a racetrack at 14,000 rpms with nothing to cool the engine, I am still not sure :upsidedow. If that didn't happen, I am sure it would still be running.

TFRIZ,

I would love to get a quad but you have to go like an hour and a half away to use it around here. Besides, I do have a monster quad anyway, I call it a Titan. :jester:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a large piece of property to ride the quad on. Now I have the titan crew cab to haul the quad.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i live by hours of fun trails and the truck to get to up to them, just need a quad to hit the crazy parts up. :eh:

·
Registered
163 Posts
TFRIZ said:
I have a large piece of property to ride the quad on. Now I have the titan crew cab to haul the quad.
Now that would be great. I would love to have that option but where I live in Florida, there is not much opportunity because the land around where I live is pretty much all developed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts