Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to add some more lights to the front of the truck so i got me some Hella 500ff's and went to work! i cut the grill out and made some brackets to mount them where the bumper mounts right below the grill. it took some doing to get them to fit back there and to clear the expanded metal grill that i put in, but i think it turned out pretty decent...
yeah, i know the Nissan emblem is a little crooked! i'm fixing that right now!

Attachments

Reactions: m1key

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!
i can't remember seeing a grill like yours...
is that a "bought" piece? looks good! i like that!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Looks awesome! a bull bar with the same lights on it too would look good too! :)

Reactions: chris mac

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I like the thought of having them behind the grill, but i dont think it looks very good :/ But still a damn good idea!

·
Registered
48 Posts
that looks mean as hell.:eyebrow:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the thought of having them behind the grill, but i dont think it looks very good :/ But still a damn good idea!

i had the lights in there for about a month before i ended up putting the expanded metal in the grill. i was trying to figure out a way to get the lights to look right sitting back there...
the problem was that the grill slopes back and the lights are straight up and down. i couldn't just cut a 6" hole in a piece of plastic and make it look right. if the plastic piece was flush with the top of the light, there was an inch or so gap at the bottom. i thought about making a fiberglass housing that i could mount the light in inside the grill, but i decided the expanded metal looked better to me... (hopefully all of that makes sense)

thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks awesome! a bull bar with the same lights on it too would look good too! :)
i've kinda wondered if a bull bar would would even work with my winch setup up there...
i lucked out on the lights. i found them at Wal- Mart for $35 brand new in the box. they had 2 sets on their clearance rack!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good, I like it, might just do the same... How is your winch mounted?
http:///www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-parts-accessories/109563-new-front-mount-receiver-pics.html

that's the link to my front mount receiver hitch endeavor... i'll usually try to make something myself before i buy one off the shelf... it doesn't always turn out too good, though!:ugh:
the receiver/winch mount took me about a week of nights after work before i got it how i wanted it. i've had that bumper on and off at least 25 times!!!

Reactions: DRTYAZN

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I've got an expanded metal grill too, and I'm thinking I'm gonna make two cut outs in the middle section and pop those lights through... I'll get it to work, even if they're recessed a little bit.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Looks good. !

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
very nice looking T all around!
i didn't used to like the aux lights behind the upper/lower grille but they are growing on me big time

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got an expanded metal grill too, and I'm thinking I'm gonna make two cut outs in the middle section and pop those lights through... I'll get it to work, even if they're recessed a little bit.
i tried and tried to make it look good with the holes cut out for the lights! i just couldn't get it:bangit:... to me, it looked funny with the lights sitting flush with the top part of the expanded metal and an inch or so gap at the bottom. i'm sure that it can be done, just not by me!

very nice looking T all around!
i didn't used to like the aux lights behind the upper/lower grille but they are growing on me big time
thanks! i'm really diggin the way they turned out!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
i was thinking about doing this right now and found this through the search... do you have any pics of the install/behind the grill?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was thinking about doing this right now and found this through the search... do you have any pics of the install/behind the grill?
sorry, i didn't take any pics. i can tell you it was a pain in the butt, though! it wouldn't have been so bad if the lights themselves weren't as thick. there's some honeycomb type reinforcing on the core support that took a lot of trimming with a Dremel and a cutoff wheel to get the lights to fit behind the expanded metal. i also had to make some brackets to mount the lights to. there was just a lot of trial and error. it took some work to get them back there...

Reactions: reds_titan
1 - 18 of 18 Posts