Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the time has come for me to get something new. I have been searching online for a couple days looking for Titans and have come across one that seems like a pretty decent deal. It's at a dealership about 70 miles from me but I wanted to get your opinions. I have been reading the threads on here and it seems like everyone is very knowledgeable and honest. Here's a link, its on autotrader right now. Edit: I wanted to post the link but since I'm new, I can't yet.

It's a 2006 CC with 12,641 miles. Don't know exactly which options it has but they are asking $18,900. Is that right in the ballpark or should I keep on shopping?

Let me know what you guys think.

I really want black but Im more or less trying to get a feel for prices.

·
Super Moderator
161,702 Posts
What trim level? XE, SE, LE? What options? The 2006 is a good model year to start with, and the price sounds good.....depending on the aforementioned.

Edit: And welcome to the boards! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbeaux said:
What trim level? XE, SE, LE? What options? The 2006 is a good model year to start with, and the price sounds good.....depending on the aforementioned.

Edit: And welcome to the boards! :D
I have emailed the dealership and asked them for a list of all options and what trim level. I will post when I hear back.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Welcome to TT:D

Like Carbeaux stated...trim level will will help on knowing if it is a good price. Crew cab models are typically more expensive, so that price sounds fair. It may not hurt to haggle if you are able. You would be surprised how low they will go to sell you a truck. Best of luck finding the best truck on the road.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blavis said:
Welcome to TT:D

Like Carbeaux stated...trim level will will help on knowing if it is a good price. Crew cab models are typically more expensive, so that price sounds fair. It may not hurt to haggle if you are able. You would be surprised how low they will go to sell you a truck. Best of luck finding the best truck on the road.:D
I'd love to haggle, but the problem is that I've never done it before. I know one thing is to haggle the price, not payment. Any other suggestions for me? :)

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
coolcloo1019 said:
I'd love to haggle, but the problem is that I've never done it before. I know one thing is to haggle the price, not payment. Any other suggestions for me? :)
Always be willing to leave. Don't fall in love with a truck until you own it. There are Titans everywhere. Just make an offer that is lower than what you think you should pay and go from there. When they don't compromise just say "I'll keep looking around, call me when you are ready to do business with me". That has worked on the last two vehicles I have purchased. They knocked off $12K to sell me my Titan. It probably works better on new vehicles, but they may have a lot of mark up on used as well.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
coolcloo1019 said:
As the other guys said, we need to know what trim level and options it has and from there we can start figuring out about what you should be able to buy that truck for!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The newest one that I've found is an '06 LE CC. 29,935 miles. Navigation. Middle shifter. Looks to have the big tow package. Leather interior. Gray on gray. They have it marked at $23,999. Where should I go from there?

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
coolcloo1019 said:
The newest one that I've found is an '06 LE CC. 29,935 miles. Navigation. Middle shifter. Looks to have the big tow package. Leather interior. Gray on gray. They have it marked at $23,999. Where should I go from there?
There are only 6,000 miles left on the warranty and you don't know where the truck has been or how it was maintained. But it is fully loaded. Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blavis said:
There are only 6,000 miles left on the warranty and you don't know where the truck has been or how it was maintained. But it is fully loaded. Might be worth a shot.
Very true. Didn't even think about the warranty running out soon. I've got a Nissan dealership about 20 miles from me. Maybe I will take a ride down there and see what else they have.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
If you are not herd pressed for a vehicle definitely shop around. A vehicle purchase is an important investment. Eventually you will find the unbeatable deal.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
coolcloo1019 said:
If you are looking for all that..........it is too bad of a price! My Dad just bought an 08 Titan SE for a little over 22,000!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Shop around and be patient. Don't expose yourself to the stealerships, play hard to get...and get what YOU want.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
coolcloo1019 said:
It IS or ISN'T too bad of a price?
Sorry about that, the price ISN'T bad!! Atleast not as a starting point!! As blavis said, don't fall in love with the truck till you leave with it or don't let the salesman know how much you want it! Be prepared to walk away if you need too!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I've emailed back and forth a couple times with the dealer and they want me to come down tomorrow. I told them that I would not buy this Titan unless they took my 2002 Trailblazer as a trade and gave me enough for it to pay it off. Also, I told them i would need an extended bumper to bumper warranty and need to walk out with it costing $20k. They told me to bring in the truck tomorrow so they could give me a value and then we could talk numbers. I can almost 100% guarantee they won't give me what i need for the trade ($10,500). It is an '02 but only has 63,500 miles. So I'm sure I'll be walking out of the dealership tomorrow but at least it's a start. Wish me luck guys, I think I'm going to need it!

·
Banned
220 Posts
Where do you live?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Check out autoway of brandon, they are having a huge sale this week end. pm me for the name of a great sales lady. they have several trucks and the best prices...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
So I went down to Ferman Nissan in Tampa. What a waste of my time. After I test drove the truck (fully loaded CC LE that they had listed at an internet price of $23,900 with 29k miles) I told them that first things first. I needed them to give enough for my current truck (2002 Trailblazer LTZ) to pay it off. I owe $10k. They came back and said they'd give me $5500. I said absolutely not. So my salesman goes and talks to the manager and the manager comes back into the office with the salesman. Let me just say, what an arrogant a$$hole. No hi's, how are you, anything like that, he says "let me say this the nicest way that i can, we are in NO NEED for any sales today so there's no way we're giving you $10k for your truck and there's no way I'm giving you that Titan for $20k (what I originally requested. I thought car buying was all about negotiations)". I said ok, so you want to give me $5k and you're going to turn around and sell it for $13k, doesn't sound like a good trade to me and on top of that I'll be $5k upside down. The a$$ says, fine, I'll give you $10k for your truck and I'll give you the Titan for full retail price ($28,999). I said absolutely not, I don't NEED this truck, I just want it. Got up and walked out. All the time this guy is just laughing like I was joking around or something. Luckily I kept my mouth shut because the thoughts that were running through my mind that I wanted to say to this guy probably woulda put on a nice show for everyone there.

So all in all, it was a waste of an hour and a half of my time. They knew exactly what I wanted as I had been emailing them for a couple days and I specified exactly what I wanted. They even had the emails printed out and were reading them. Apparently they thought I was joking or something.

Anyways, there's my rant. I guess I'm on a search again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts