Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am new here and am in desperate need of help and advice. Me and my wife have a 2006 Titan and it has around 33,000 miles. The problem happened today when my wife was at work. When she got off of work she went to start it and it wouldn't turn over. I went to help and jumped the truck off. We went to an auto parts store they tested the battery and alt. which both were perfect. When we started to leave it wouldn't start again. When we tried to start it, it made a clicking noise like the battery was dead then all of the gauges started twiching and going wild then they all went up a little then stopped. It will start with a jump and start on its own right after a jump then a few minutes later it stops working. I was wondering what could be causing this and if it would be covered by the warranty. Can someone please help.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
even if the battery tested okay you may have a bad cell in it. try replacing it and see if it fixes it. That or you have a bad ground somewhere and it's draining the battery while you drive.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Get a new battery and try it. The same thing happened to me in my big truck and it was the battery. Also make sure that your terminals a nice and clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I will try that. I just want to say that I am not a new member spamming. I absolutely love this truck. This is the first vehicle that I have ever had that is FUN to drive.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome to T.T. Sorry to hear about the trouble, but like the others I'll bet the battery is the culprit here.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I vote for a dead cell in the battery.

·
Registered
805 Posts
bummer...but it should still be under warranty...id take it to the dealer and ask em to fix it!

i had a 95 Corolla that did that years ago, and it turned out to be a flaky starter. good luck. let us know how it works out. its a bummer when one's titan is ill... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts