Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I've owned my 2008 4x4 titan since it was brand new...I'm in outside industrial sales, so I drive it A LOT.

Anyways - here's a list of parts I just ordered (eagerly waiting their arrival):

Volant Cold Air Intakes (power core filter)

Volant Ram Air Scoop

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

Jet Power-Flow Mass Air Sensor

What do you guys think? Good combo?

FYI - I have a magnaflow exhaust system....just needed the front end to complete it!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Go to the track like it is, then go after all your mods and see how much you gain. Welcome by the way:) All of those mods are awesome except for the Jet MAF sensor, don't know much about that.

Reactions: NouveauCliche

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool! I'm looking forward to getting it ALL installed, getting it tuned and hitting the streets - I spend SO much time in my truck that I have a pretty good feel for what it can do...looking forward to feeling the difference. (Cheaper than a new truck at least!)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
One more thing!

All marketing hype BS aside - what kind HP gains (And maybe even mph) can I realistically expect?
CAI 10hp/10tq
Magnaflow muffler 12hp/12tq roughly
hypertech 15hp/15tq
Throttle body spacer 0hp/0tq ok maybe 1/1
Jet Maf sensor didn't gain anything according to Uprev

Most intake, exhaust & tuner Titans gain almost a full second in the 1/4 mile with the right exhaust setup. You being an 08 your stock pipes are pretty good, you just needed a muffler swap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotcha - not too bad, considerably less than what it would be if the HP gains were on the top end of the "UP TO 22HP!" on the box of all this stuff haha.

What else should I do? There's not a TON of stuff out there!

I can afford smaller mods - but I'm not quite ready to jump to a supercharger or anything just yet!

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Hey everyone!

I've owned my 2008 4x4 titan since it was brand new...I'm in outside industrial sales, so I drive it A LOT.

Anyways - here's a list of parts I just ordered (eagerly waiting their arrival):

Volant Cold Air Intakes (power core filter)

Volant Ram Air Scoop

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

Jet Power-Flow Mass Air Sensor

What do you guys think? Good combo?

FYI - I have a magnaflow exhaust system....just needed the front end to complete it!
There were better choices available IMO, but you have already ordered. I would have went with an S&B, AEM or Volant gen 3 CAI, Superchips programmer, no TBS and no Jet MAF sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotcha - sounds like the TBS and MAF are returnable items -

I've seen LOTS of debate on CAI's and tuners - what makes the S&B/AEM better than the Volant power core? Also what makes the superchips better?

I can return with NO problem if you guys can help me make better choices! I've never really added performance mods to a vehicle I've owned...but since I bought this guy brand new, and use it for work and more than likely drive it until it won't run - I figured what the heck!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Superchips has more tunes available and the ability to monitor/display many key sensors, including AFR. The Volant Powercore had a bad review by a well respected member from another forum. The older gen 3 Volant, S&B, AEM are near the top in actual testing. 08-10 Titans tend to run pig rich from the factory, and running the S&B intake will help fool the ECU into thinking there is less air and that will lean the WOT AFR into a better power band range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alrighty! I JUST ordered this - so I canceled the TBS and MAF.

So for the CAI - I noticed a Banks intake on the same site that was pretty $$ - any input on that CAI? Or should I track down an AEM still?

Does the AEM have a ram air, and where can I look at an S&B - having trouble finding one with ram air for an 08!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Superchips has more tunes available and the ability to monitor/display many key sensors, including AFR. The Volant Powercore had a bad review by a well respected member from another forum. The older gen 3 Volant, S&B, AEM are near the top in actual testing. 08-10 Titans tend to run pig rich from the factory, and running the S&B intake will help fool the ECU into thinking there is less air and that will lean the WOT AFR into a better power band range.

Ok - so where can I pick up a S&B with ram air for an 08?

The only part shipped was the hypertech - everything else I can cancel as we speak!

Thanks for the help! I'd always heard this was a great forum.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Alrighty! I JUST ordered this - so I canceled the TBS and MAF.

So for the CAI - I noticed a Banks intake on the same site that was pretty $$ - any input on that CAI? Or should I track down an AEM still?

Does the AEM have a ram air, and where can I look at an S&B - having trouble finding one with ram air for an 08!
You can add ram air to the AEM and S&B, but that is a do it yourself task. There are several of how to threads in the forum covering the ram air mod for various intakes. The new Banks CAI is not ram air as the name implies. I'm sure the Banks performance is good, but the other intakes mentioned will save you a few bucks with above average performance.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Ok - so where can I pick up a S&B with ram air for an 08?

The only part shipped was the hypertech - everything else I can cancel as we speak!

Thanks for the help! I'd always heard this was a great forum.
You should be able to find a new S&B, AEM, Volant gen 3, for about $220-$240 delivered. There are many vendors to choose from. The forum search button is your friend.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts