Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I have been trolling around here quite a while but now as I get closer to purchasing a new vehicle maybe I should post up some questions. First off I have never owned a full size truck. I have spent the past 7-8 years surrounding myself with import sport compacts and before that American Muscle(or lack there of in the 80's cars I owned), but life's changing and now I need a truck. I love the Titan, but reading all the internet horror stories tend to make many people more anxious than they really should be. I personally have seen this experience while on staff of a few other forums so i am trying to remain level headed here. My 1st question is about the rear ends in these trucks. I personally am looking at a couple of lightly used '07's or good deal on an '08 XE or SE. Now there are alot of threads about the issues with earlier Titans, yet I only see 80 or so names on the list to the NHSTA, are there more of you out there that aren't talking? Are there any '06-'08 models having these issues? Does Nissan still have a contract with Dana to specially make these parts? I read about the '04-'05 guys but not much is seen from the newer trucks.
Also from a tuning standpoint the Titan is what I would consider my first choice. I like the new Tundra but the aftermarket isn't quite there yet, and i get the feeling some, not all Tundra owners are more "stiff" or "prissy" and don't enjoy modifications as much as I have seen on this forum. I personally do not like stock vehicles, and have plans to do at least a moderate level of modification to my new truck whatever it shall be. In general how do you guys feel the aftermarket is for you? Now I am currently driving a heavily modified Hyundai Tiburon, so I know about scarce aftermarkets, but in that area the quality of many things lacks because Hyundai tuners are at the mercy of backyard engineers and such. Is it like that here for you guys?
How is the fit and finish of the truck a year after you bought it? 2 years? etc. My family was always hardcore about domestics, but a year or two later and they already begin to feel creaky and tired. I know there are issues with everything so little stuff that no one really has a way of predicting is not something I am concerned with. But things that seem to be common and are more than just a minor irritation would be welcome.
Anyway, sorry about the novel, just trying to find some answers that I couldn't find in searching.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Welcome! Go drive one, you won't be disappointed. I have an '04 that I hammer everyday, and it has been great. Small issues here and there, all addressed by the dealer. I have to fight the urge to buy a new '08, they're made some very nice improvements.

Nice name BTW.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i owned a 04 and loved it. had the brake problem at about 10000 miles. once it was fixed, it was fixed for good. traded in with 54000 miles 3.5 years later and never had any other problems. I got my 07 about 4 months ago and i love it even more. everything feels better. the interior feels tighter the engine feels a little more balanced. Those problems of the 04-05 were just growing pains that were fixed in the later years. now im 100% satisfied. hope i helped.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL You suck Scooty Puff Jr.! I have driven one...I loved it. That's the problem, the power was kind of intoxicating even though it had alot more weight to pull around than I am used to. The interior was so much nicer than that of the Chevy I drove, and the Ford my buddy bought. I haven't driven a Tundra yet, because basically they're expensive and my local dealers don't do much volume on imports so they don't offer good deals.
I have already lined up a list of modifications if I were to purchase a Titan, but I just can't ignore the few major issues I have read about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts