Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered all my LED'S and HID'S from the same guy
[email protected] "armaden" on the armada forum. I see DDM'S everywhere on the net and with good reviews though I found some negative things like wiring being backwards or packaging mistakes. Old ddm units can cause static on your radio but like I said many Titans have them and they love them. I also read they are back ordered but I received mine new HID's in two business days.
So here is what I got for now. I paid $75 shipped for 35w 6k hid to replace my low beams that are plug and play so to speak. The wiring harness and connectors in this unit were very nice and not cheap. I don't know anything about ballasts nor do I have a ballast to compare these to so? I do know they have been tested crossing water or rivers with no problems. After, much reading and discussion I believe any brand that offers a lifetime warranty on these is just banking on you selling it before they do go out. You'd have to ask but I think this brand I bought has a warranty for a couple of years or so.
I didnt install the balast where they suggested only because it was harder to reach with a drill and I don't believe the double sided tape is really going to hold the ballast in the vegas heat for years to come. It was also a low spot where water could get to the ballast which also bothered me. I attached a picture of the area they want you to mount to right next to the back of the fog light housing..the red painted area that I cleaned before changing my mind on the location. You will see I chose to drill a whole in the front frame just behind the highbeam housing. The hids came with brackets(and screws with nuts) but I had to find some metal screws to mount it. I also had to hacksaw the top portion of the bracket down so it would not hit the hood when I closed it.. All easy things to do and I love the location up high and easy to reach or replace. I wasnt sure if ballast got hot so I put aluminium tape on the bottom where it touches the high beam housing slightly. I tested them and the ballast does not heat up and everything clears the hood. The lights are great! see pics.. I got all the leds on the MT LED thread and the hids for 140 shipped. My LEDS replaced the map, doors front and back(crew), floorboards,rear projection, cargo(on 3rd brake light), tailgate, and license plate lights. The camera phone didnt do the LEDS justice but they are of course whiter and a lot brighter by about 10 times I would say. See link for album for more pics. No radio interference or any weird stuff found yet with these HID's.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Looks good! I would like to do the LED lights on my truck too. Thanks for the reminder :)

Reactions: Slade8
1 - 2 of 2 Posts