Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
when i spoke to INJEN back in april 2009 when i was special ordering the AMSOIL dry filter, they stated that all NEW INJEN intakes are going to be shipping w/ the newer dry filter. unless autoanything has some old ones in stock they are supposed to come w/ the dry filters. i would confirm w/ autoanything, or wherever you plan on purchasing it, which ones they have. red = oiled, blue = dry..... AFAIK.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think i got the dry then, i'm pretty sure i remember a blue filter when i opened it, i still havent installed it until i get the prefilter once it gets here.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well hopefully the new filters filter better than ones that I've seen in the past.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Well hopefully the new filters filter better than ones that I've seen in the past.
this Ea nano technology is supposed to be the shiz. i am pretty overdue in cleaning mine cuz i found out that i was doing it wrong :bangit: i confirmed w/ AMSOIL that you're supposed to clean them w/ *low pressure* compressed air and preferably a vacuum. so once i go do it i'll let you know if it's dirty inside the tube. i'm hoping the prefilter bought me some time though.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Did everyone else get their free hydroshield? I didnt get one.
I havent got mine yet and it was suppose to ship on the 21st at the latest. If it doesn't come by monday i'm contacting them.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I just purchased the Banks Ram-Air CAI w/the same code "15CABIN" for $322...free S&H. I had to call to get them to apply the discount. Talk to Barry @ ext 619. I told him he may have some customers coming his way. The discount is good for anyone using the "15CABIN" discount. Just tell him you heard about it on TITANTALK. I love this forum!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
well, the prefilter did not come in the mail...AGAIN, so i sent an email to autoanything to see whats up, hopefully they have a good answer by tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
just got an update, they are having problems from wherever they get the prefilters from, so they are trying to figure out when we will get it still. hopefully SOON!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Got the update, apparently, we do not qualify for the hydro shield because its a sealed composite airbox, haha, my ***. so I am just gonna order one elsewhere for added measure before I install.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
1st time i cleaned the dry filter i used a bucket of water and a lil dish soap, which i now know is not good for the Ea nano material. i don't remember how dirty the water was. cleaned after 3k miles. MAF was clean. no prefilter yet.

the 2nd time i cleaned the dry filter it was pretty dusty. cleaned it after 3k miles. used the air compressor at a high psi and vacuum and quite a bit of dirt came off of it; felt like i was standing there forever waiting for no more dirt to come off. later learned that again, i cleaned it incorrectly. high psi is a no no. did not inspect MAF. i installed the prefilter that day

i finally cleaned my filter for the 3rd time the other day. i think the last time i cleaned it was like june when i installed the prefilter, probably 6k miles ago or so. *gently* used an air compressor at low psi and vacuum and barely any dust came off of it. inspected the intake tubing and MAF and they were clean.

not sure if i was just able to get more dirt off of it w/ the high psi which is why i saw so much more dust after 3k miles, or if the prefilter (aka hydroshield) kept the filter that much cleaner even after 6k miles :dunno:

^^^far as i can tell, not qualifying because it's fully sealed is bologna. the dirt and particles that the prefilter caught came off in clumps (kinda weird). also those clumps were only on that one side.
i decided to clean the prefilter w/ water and was able to fill it up pretty good. it only leaked a lil which i thought was kind of cool. took pretty long to dry afterwards though.

SO. moral of my post is even if they didn't send you the prefilter, i would recommend one. seems to do a pretty good job of keeping things clean :)

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts