Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded in my old LE for a 2012 4X. I had the Gibson MM exhaust and AEM brute force on the LE, which I loved, even if it was a little lacking in the low end. My new truck came with a Volant and a Nismo exhaust...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to put the Gibson on the new truck, but I'm undecided if I want to keep the Volant in it. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with this combo? It's not chipped, so I'll probably go with Hypertech.

My 1st Titan was an XE, which had stock pipes up to the Flowmaster and 3" exit at the axle, a K&N, and a Hypertech; and in all honesty, that was an amazing combination.

You guys with jacked up T's, what issues do you run into with the drive and powertrain? Have any of you upgraded your transmissions, or has there been any significant degradation of the tranny because of the lift?

I know a lot of this has probably been discussed before, so if anyone could link a relevant thread I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would use uprev for your tune, maybe go with an airaid CAI and a cajun catback with a borla muffler. I would call these guys Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129 I would get the axle vent kit too. If you go with a taller lift you need a drive shaft spacer, and if you run tires larger than 35s you might want to regear. Too bad your in Cali, long tube headers and catless b pipes are the way to go on titans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would use uprev for your tune, maybe go with an airaid CAI and a cajun catback with a borla muffler. I would call these guys Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129 I would get the axle vent kit too. If you go with a taller lift you need a drive shaft spacer, and if you run tires larger than 35s you might want to regear. Too bad your in Cali, long tube headers and catless b pipes are the way to go on titans.
Thanks, I'll look into the UpRev. I already have both the Volant and the Brute Force; I was wondering if anyone knew how they stacked up against each other using the Metal Mulisha exhaust. I wasn't really looking to get another airbox, but the Airraids are, like everything awesome, illegal in Cali (that's why I purchased the brute force.)

I'll check out the vent kit, too. Thanks for the tip. In the meantime, what is the likelihood that the stock vent will plug up or stick?

·
Registered
456 Posts
When my truck was newer the dealer replaced the rearend at about 25k for a blown axle seal (caused by vent failure). I noticed another blown axle seal at about 150k (still had factory vent I didn't know any better)so I installed the axle vent kit, changed the fluid in the rearend and it hasn't leaked since. Its very likely the factory vent will fail, it could have failed yesterday or could fail 2 years from now. It's good cheap insurance. I just got 6 feet of fuel hose,a cheap fuel filter, and a few hose clamps. I removed the factory axle vent and tore the cap and spring assembly off and cleaned it up so the fuel hose would slip on with a clamp, I ran the fuel hose up in to the passenger side tail light area and put the fuel filter on it and added zip ties where needed. I left some slack for axle movement. None of the brass fittings from the hardware stores will fit the axle vent threads right either(I tried it), the one sold in the kits is a toyota part I think. I would get the kit with the right part because I only have about 1/2" of barb for the hose to clamp to. I just hacked mine because I had blown a seal and was trying to save the rearend on my daily driver.
Uprev is worth every dollar IMO, it will crush your old setups.

Reactions: nightowl
1 - 5 of 5 Posts