Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the wife a new Juke, 6 speed manual trans. Wow, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun driving a car. It's definitely a "chick" car though, I told her we have to get the windows tinted so no one can see me driving it with a big stupid grin on my face. That little 1.6 turbo pulls pretty hard, it's just too easy to speed, and I foresee a speeding ticket or two in the near future.

·
Registered
14,139 Posts
They make them in a manual??? My sister is gonna get one in a couple weeks. did you get the awd?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, the wife just informed me she wants the Stillen exhaust for it, more work for me:bangit:.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Welcome to the Juke club. I bought one for my wife back in December. You should join the jukeforums.com Im on there with the same name as here. We got a Gun metal Gray SV AWD CVT. We got the stillen exhaust as soon as it came out. It sounds great. I took the J shaped snorkel off the intake and it makes a much sweeter sound. You can actually hear the trubo whistle by taking that thing off. I have 2 threads on here about our Juke. Check them out. I posted a vid from the inside with the exhaust on. Have fun with it man. We deff do!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the Juke club. I bought one for my wife back in December. You should join the jukeforums.com Im on there with the same name as here. We got a Gun metal Gray SV AWD CVT. We got the stillen exhaust as soon as it came out. It sounds great. I took the J shaped snorkel off the intake and it makes a much sweeter sound. You can actually hear the trubo whistle by taking that thing off. I have 2 threads on here about our Juke. Check them out. I posted a vid from the inside with the exhaust on. Have fun with it man. We deff do!!
Thanks, I did join the jukeforum, (same name also). Yeah, she's in her second childhood with this car.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I bought one for my wife as well but she's not so happy, gas mileage is horrible, which sucks for me because what she really wanted was a rogue but i leaned her toward the juke because of the better epa ratings. It is fun to drive but its going to be a miserable couple of years unless something improves.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I bought one for my wife as well but she's not so happy, gas mileage is horrible, which sucks for me because what she really wanted was a rogue but i leaned her toward the juke because of the better epa ratings. It is fun to drive but its going to be a miserable couple of years unless something improves.
Take good care of that thing, 'cause in a couple of years, I'll be lookin' for one for my teenager... ;)

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Thanks, I did join the jukeforum, (same name also). Yeah, she's in her second childhood with this car.
Awesome. Check out all the parts that GTM will offer for the Juke.
What gas mileage are you getting? Im getting 22-24 in the winter during city driving with AWD-V on. Im sure it will get even better in the summer. How long had you had it for? Miles?

Take good care of that thing, 'cause in a couple of years, I'll be lookin' for one for my teenager... ;)
You can buy mine in a few years so I can get the AWD 6speed lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
What did you guys pay for your Jukes (you do not have to answer if you do not want to)? I am considering letting the Titan go for one, but really haven't decided if that is best in the long run...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Awesome. Check out all the parts that GTM will offer for the Juke.
What gas mileage are you getting? Im getting 22-24 in the winter during city driving with AWD-V on. Im sure it will get even better in the summer. How long had you had it for? Miles?

You can buy mine in a few years so I can get the AWD 6speed lol
23-25 is a good as my wifes has ever got. fwd and highway driving. I think shes got about 2800 miles on it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
What did you guys pay for your Jukes (you do not have to answer if you do not want to)? I am considering letting the Titan go for one, but really haven't decided if that is best in the long run...
Unless your into tiny cars I think it will be a huge adjustment going from titan to juke. I gave 21800 for mine. Fwd sv. Dealer wouldn't come off of msrp much.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I paid 195xx for mine. I spent almost 8 hours on this deal and weeks teasing them coming in and out. I got them on a day and week that they were really hurting. I got a SV AWD CVT. As **** said, its tiny. So if you dont need space in any means than its ok. Go test one out a few times so you know what we are talking about.
23-25 is a good as my wifes has ever got. fwd and highway driving. I think shes got about 2800 miles on it.
24mpg with 6speed in town, 31hwy
27mpg with CVT in town, 32 hwy
25mpg AWD CVT in town, 30hwy

This is according to Nissan.
Im getting almost what they are rated for. Does your wife use the ECO mode?
We always drive in ECO or normal since its icey out and rarely use SPORT. We have 14xx miles on it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i have a 92 sentra with 1.6 and turboed it. 300 whp. if you want silly fast. then open up the exhaust, new t28 not sure what they use on this, but prob a t25 disco potato or T28. you can tweek the ECU for more boost, I have not seen these things yet or looked at the engine. maybe you guys can elaborate on this part. I wish they would turbo a new sentra! what is the hp on these?

chris 92 sentra, 04 titan

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
i have a 92 sentra with 1.6 and turboed it. 300 whp. if you want silly fast. then open up the exhaust, new t28 not sure what they use on this, but prob a t25 disco potato or T28. you can tweek the ECU for more boost, I have not seen these things yet or looked at the engine. maybe you guys can elaborate on this part. I wish they would turbo a new sentra! what is the hp on these?

chris 92 sentra, 04 titan
We dont know what turbo its running yet. The engine is a MR16DDT. Its 188 hp and 177lb-ft @2000-5200RPM with a peak of 12psi but it normally runs around 10psi. Nobody has cracked the ECU yet so tuning is available. A few companies have just started to R and D exhausts and intakes let alone other parts. GTM has big plans but hasnt released anything yet.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I paid 195xx for mine. I spent almost 8 hours on this deal and weeks teasing them coming in and out. I got them on a day and week that they were really hurting. I got a SV AWD CVT. As **** said, its tiny. So if you dont need space in any means than its ok. Go test one out a few times so you know what we are talking about.

24mpg with 6speed in town, 31hwy
27mpg with CVT in town, 32 hwy
25mpg AWD CVT in town, 30hwy

This is according to Nissan.
Im getting almost what they are rated for. Does your wife use the ECO mode?
We always drive in ECO or normal since its icey out and rarely use SPORT. We have 14xx miles on it.
yes she runs around in eco mode only, thats whats so disturbing. If she was in sport mode all the time i wouldn't gripe lol

I did notice last night that the tail pipe is black and sooty, I'm thinking the engines running rich. Now If nissan just has a fix .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts