Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the ProComp and SmittyBuilt light bars but, not to crazy about drilling holes in the bumper to mount those bars.

So I decided to make my own light bar.
I used 1.25" electrical conduit, the bends are 90's already made up from Home Depot, then I welded in the top rail to them, the brackets are made from 3/16 flat stock.
The finish is wrinkle paint.
I bolted the upper brackets to the bumper bolts, the lowers are bolted to the cross member behind the bumper,there I just used self tapping screws.
Cost for all material was $45.00
A friend of mine gave me the lights, they were rusted, put them into my bead blaster and some fresh paint they look like new.

Spent a lot of time grinding and blending the welds because of the galvanized finish on the pipe even though I bead blasted the pipes first.

Anyway just thought I'd share maybe someone else would like to build their own also.

Attachments

Reactions: TitanOscar

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
very cool man

·
Registered
183 Posts
Diggin it! that's one of the better looking ones i've seen. Good job!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. It looks much better in real time. Everyone that has seen it thinks I bought it somewhere.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great job man good too see people putting in the time. Gotta love welding galvanized though eh....cough cough

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice job you have to sign in as a vender now :huh:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Great job man good too see people putting in the time. Gotta love welding galvanized though eh....cough cough
Yeah, dude. Woah, that's gnarly.

Looks great.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice looking work.. Group buy?
Nice job you have to sign in as a vender now :huh:
Unfortunately, I just kinda winged it building this. I didn't write anything down. To do it right I would have to make another one using the proper pipe. Make some jigs up to mass produce them and powder coat them. I would guess that would bring up the retail cost to high at my level to make some money. Maybe around $300? I do have another idea for a light bar on top of the cab that would not put any holes in the roof. I need a real pipe bender for that one to make it look right. That's another day. Thanks for all the compliments.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I copied over your images and have a brother in law who is a welder by trade. He made a nice bar for the back window of his truck with the Chevy logo. I sent them to him to see how he can pull something like this off and I will see the price when he is done.
RDC, thanks for the PM. once I have him get something fabricated I will write a creative post.

and as always credit goes to the originator of the post, RDC.

·
Registered
307 Posts
RDC......Looks sharp dude! Best of all, it's built and not bought. Great job. You have me curious on the roof top lightbar. Any clues to what it may look like?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RDC......Looks sharp dude! Best of all, it's built and not bought. Great job. You have me curious on the roof top lightbar. Any clues to what it may look like?
I almost finished it today, just have to weld on the light tabs and bead blast it and paint it. I'll probably post some pictures but no close-ups.

I'm not sure about sharing this one just yet I may want to get a patten on this one. I don't have any lights for it either. Hoping that my friend who gave me the KC lights will sell or lend me his other pair so I can do the lay out on the tabs for a Four Light setup.

Thanks for the compliment.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts