Nissan Titan Forum banner

New Light Bar $45.00

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  RDC 
#1 ·
I like the ProComp and SmittyBuilt light bars but, not to crazy about drilling holes in the bumper to mount those bars.

So I decided to make my own light bar.
I used 1.25" electrical conduit, the bends are 90's already made up from Home Depot, then I welded in the top rail to them, the brackets are made from 3/16 flat stock.
The finish is wrinkle paint.
I bolted the upper brackets to the bumper bolts, the lowers are bolted to the cross member behind the bumper,there I just used self tapping screws.
Cost for all material was $45.00
A friend of mine gave me the lights, they were rusted, put them into my bead blaster and some fresh paint they look like new.

Spent a lot of time grinding and blending the welds because of the galvanized finish on the pipe even though I bead blasted the pipes first.

Anyway just thought I'd share maybe someone else would like to build their own also.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: TitanOscar
#4 ·
very cool man

#6 ·
Thanks. It looks much better in real time. Everyone that has seen it thinks I bought it somewhere.

#7 ·
Great job man good too see people putting in the time. Gotta love welding galvanized though eh....cough cough

#12 ·
Yeah, dude. Woah, that's gnarly.

Looks great.

#14 ·
Nice job you have to sign in as a vender now :huh:
Unfortunately, I just kinda winged it building this. I didn't write anything down. To do it right I would have to make another one using the proper pipe. Make some jigs up to mass produce them and powder coat them. I would guess that would bring up the retail cost to high at my level to make some money. Maybe around $300? I do have another idea for a light bar on top of the cab that would not put any holes in the roof. I need a real pipe bender for that one to make it look right. That's another day. Thanks for all the compliments.

#15 ·
I copied over your images and have a brother in law who is a welder by trade. He made a nice bar for the back window of his truck with the Chevy logo. I sent them to him to see how he can pull something like this off and I will see the price when he is done.
RDC, thanks for the PM. once I have him get something fabricated I will write a creative post.

and as always credit goes to the originator of the post, RDC.

#17 ·
I almost finished it today, just have to weld on the light tabs and bead blast it and paint it. I'll probably post some pictures but no close-ups.

I'm not sure about sharing this one just yet I may want to get a patten on this one. I don't have any lights for it either. Hoping that my friend who gave me the KC lights will sell or lend me his other pair so I can do the lay out on the tabs for a Four Light setup.

Thanks for the compliment.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.