Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - PICTURES ADDED

Brand new Magnaflow dual rear exit full stainless exhaust. Still in box. Opened it and realized it isnt going to work. A $650 exhaust for roughly half! Looking for 350, but negotiable! Shoot me a PM

Pictures added!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Brand new Magnaflow dual rear exit full stainless exhaust. Still in box. Opened it and realized it isnt going to work. A $650 exhaust for roughly half! Looking for 350, but negotiable! Shoot me a PM
possibly interested...pictures maybe?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Model is number 15849. Everything is in great shape, just wont work with the spare and trailer hitch im using. Ill pull it out of the box again later when I get back home and take some pictures.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have this exhaust for my truck. It sounds great and looks great. I had to modify the rear passenger side hanger to accomodate the piping on that side, but was pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures added. Shoot me some offers.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
OK silly question. These are supposed to be cat-back systems, how does it connect to the cat flanges? Or do you just saw off part of your existing system and slip the new pipe into/over it?

·
Registered
733 Posts
OK silly question. These are supposed to be cat-back systems, how does it connect to the cat flanges? Or do you just saw off part of your existing system and slip the new pipe into/over it?
Saw off 12" back IIRC from the cats and start clamping. It is easy as can be. I will admit, I was sweating a bit when i was cutting through the stock piping, but it didn't take long to get over it after how easy the install went and how good it sounded!!!! I really like this exhaust for our trucks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have this system and it worked great for my 04. No mods needed. I had a muffler shop weld it in. It def has the aggressive sound and looks great. You can def tell its an 18 inch muffler.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Saw off 12" back IIRC from the cats and start clamping.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I was talking to the Magnaflow rep and I couldn't understand why a dual-in/single-out system for an 08+ wouldn't just bolt up to my truck. He didn't explain it very well. Now I see why. My main goal in replacing the exhaust is getting rid of this stupid restrictive Y-pipe Nissan put in there.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I was talking to the Magnaflow rep and I couldn't understand why a dual-in/single-out system for an 08+ wouldn't just bolt up to my truck. He didn't explain it very well. Now I see why. My main goal in replacing the exhaust is getting rid of this stupid restrictive Y-pipe Nissan put in there.
Two choices:

1. Buy a flowmaster Y and have it welded in and get a new muffler.
2. Buy the 07+ design from magnaflow and put it into your truck. This is what I did. Even though I have an 05, if there weren't any changes between 04 and 05 as far as exhaust, it will work. I bought the 07+ system from a fellow member that went to long tubes. It bolted right up with no problems to both cats. I think it's a 24" muffler that comes with the system I have and it's slightly louder than stock. It takes a while to loosen up a bit with sound. It's a single exit, and completely removes the stock Y. It's very very nice fit anf finish and is made ludicrous strong IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts