Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after looking at many many posts on here and some help from you guys I ordered and and installed new rims and tires.

I decided on Amererican Eagle 140 series 17X8 rims with a 4.51, 2mm offset.
For tires I went with BFG AT's 315/70/17

I was figuring I'd have to do the pinchweld mod, especially since my leveling kit had not arrived. I removed my fender liners and sure enough the tires were hitting my pinchweld just prior to full turn. I tried to get some pics, althogh it is kind of hard to see. Please disrigard my filthy truck, it is much cleaner now although I have not had a chance to get any pics. So, I got out the sawz all and cut kinda along that red line I drew in. Voila, they fit and there was no rubbing. I drove around (w/o the leveling kit) for a couple weeks and did not have any issues, no rubbing.

However, one very important note. I did not install my fender liners right away (was waiting for buddy to hook me up with a heat gun and my leveling kit). It so happens that the intake is at the top of the fender well, I knew this but never really thought of it...hence I check my filter box and it is full of straw and dirt and all kinda of shat (it was deer season...i baja'éd across a few fields.. Not that huge of a deal though, my filter performed as designed and now I have a reason to buy an intake. The worst part was in my travels I drove a few gravel roads, rocks flung up from my tire inside my fenderwells. Upon further inspection I noticed small little dents showing on the top of my fenders, like on the outside, the visible part...there are now small stars in my paint. I was a little PO'd. So lesson learned DO NOT DRIVE WITHOUT FENDERLINERS ! Atleast not off pavement.

I seriously love the looks and off road performancen of my truck now, tires and rims make a huge difference. I also got my leveling kit on, it looks a lot better (those tires were stuffed!) Can''t wait for three feet of snow! 4X4 time!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more pics...

There will be more to come of the 2.5 NCD leveling kit when I get some time.
I know, I have a 4x4 and Greg doesn't recommend anything over 2". I was a little hung and thought what the hell and went big. No problems yet, havn't got too crazy though. I think I am also going to put a 1" block in the back.

Here are a couple extras, a bone stock pic and one from last year where we got carried away ice fishing. The one time all day where I wasn't pulling the ford out. haha, the first and last.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
It's looking good! Looks tough.

I wish Nissan had pushed the Endurance name like the big 3 push theirs. I like your 04 Badging...even though I am debadged. It makes the 04 unique.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
That Is Some Serious Meat!!!! How Is The Ride And Have You Notice Much Of An Impact On Performance? Bfg's Are An Outstanding Tire You Made A Good Choice, Congrats.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that's the 1st Ford I've seen pulling out a Titan...:huh:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Is your tranny shifting okay and no problems with drivetrain?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Prairie Titan...very nice. I'm looking at mounting the same tires on stock OR rims. But I'm waiting for Christmas to pass. Thanks for the pics.

Did you have to use the sawzall on the front and back of the fender?

Look forward to more pics with the level kit installed...Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Ya I did notice a bit of performance loss. Everything seems to be shifting okay, although I noticed one day that there seemed to be a little bit of hesitation when shifting into overdrive at highway speed. It did, it just was quite as natural as before, I only really noticed it the first day though, perhaps my ECU got it all figured out ?

There just isn't as much jam as before, although I think I still have enough to leave those hemi;s behind. I am getting the 2 degree advance next week and eventually an intake and magnaflow so hopefully that restores what I lost.

I only cut on the back of the fenderwell, right where that red line is that I drew in. Just cut flaps on the bottom part and bent them up, and totally cut off the edge going up the side. It is fairly straight forward. I then coated it with some ashvault spray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts