Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one my name is Jerrod. I picked up this 2021 Pro4X this past Saturday. So far im loving it. I have owned GM, Ram and Ford 1500's in the past and didnt want to buy the same things twice plus I like owning things not everyone else has so this time it was a toss up between the Tundra and the Titan. Titan won out with having more features, more hp/tq, 9 speed trans, better value for the money.
I tend to go ham with all my trucks like big wheels & tires, big lifts etc. I think Im gonna take it slow with this one. I really like it the way it comes. I just purchased a bed cover for it and I might level the front if I get a wild hair. Only other thing would be adding remote start. Other than that I'll leave it be for a while.

Look forward to mixing it up with everyone

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello every one my name is Jerrod. I picked up this 2021 Pro4X this past Saturday. So far im loving it. I have owned GM, Ram and Ford 1500's in the past and didnt want to buy the same things twice plus I like owning things not everyone else has so this time it was a toss up between the Tundra and the Titan. Titan won out with having more features, more hp/tq, 9 speed trans, better value for the money.
I tend to go ham with all my trucks like big wheels & tires, big lifts etc. I think Im gonna take it slow with this one. I really like it the way it comes. I just purchased a bed cover for it and I might level the front if I get a wild hair. Only other thing would be adding remote start. Other than that I'll leave it be for a while.

Welcome! Nice looking truck, I went the no running board route as well, makes the Pro4 look better in my opinion. No remote start on your Pro4??

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,337 Posts
welcome!!

i am surprised about no remote start also. i though that came on everything above an sv level? now we know though.

lucky you picked the titan or you would have had the same truck everyone else has, if your other option was a tundra. those are on every corner of every street now and people pay soooo much just to say they have a toyota.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Nice looking truck, I went the no running board route as well, makes the Pro4 look better in my opinion. No remote start on your Pro4??
I might be getting running boards at some point. Climbing in this thing might get a little old after a while.

Not that I can tell. I got a 3 button fob and remote start is a 4 button. Ive done a little research on here and with Nissan and its programmed to do it and has the wiring you just have to get a new hood latch that has a switch that wont let it start if the hood is up and two new 4 button fobs. The parts are listed on Nissan's site for $200 then you get the dealer to program the fob.
welcome!!

i am surprised about no remote start also. i though that came on everything above an sv level? now we know though.
I built one on Nissan's site and the remote start comes with the convenience package or is a separate stand alone option. My Pro4 is pretty base as I only got the utility package. The other packages are nice and I would have loved the sunroof but they wanted $10k plus for one with those add ons and mine was being discounted pretty good at $42k sticker price.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I might be getting running boards at some point. Climbing in this thing might get a little old after a while.

Not that I can tell. I got a 3 button fob and remote start is a 4 button. Ive done a little research on here and with Nissan and its programmed to do it and has the wiring you just have to get a new hood latch that has a switch that wont let it start if the hood is up and two new 4 button fobs. The parts are listed on Nissan's site for $200 then you get the dealer to program the fob.

I built one on Nissan's site and the remote start comes with the convenience package or is a separate stand alone option. My Pro4 is pretty base as I only got the utility package. The other packages are nice and I would have loved the sunroof but they wanted $10k plus for one with those add ons and mine was being discounted pretty good at $42k sticker price.
Cool to know, didn’t know that I assumed it was standard on SL and above. Yeah there’s quite a few people on here who have added that and you might can find a write up or 2 on it. You’re going to enjoy the truck!!!!!!

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,337 Posts
i did a write up on it when i added it to my truck. it should be fairly near the top in the second gen section

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4X w/ Pro4X Utility Package
23 Posts
I dont have the remote start on my '21 pro4x either. Im probably just going to have the dealer add it on in the next few months.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
352 Posts
Wow, interesting as I thought the Pro-4X had remote start as a standard feature. Hopefully you didn't get robbed from the other cool keyfob feature which lets you roll the windows down with the engine off. I thought I needed to use the remote start for the hot Texas summers (In Dallas here as well), but using that window down feature really helps for those few seconds walking up to your car in the Texas heat.

Great looking Titan, and as I'm in Dallas too, sorry but you may not be the only Titan in the area. ;P

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did a write up on it when i added it to my truck. it should be fairly near the top in the second gen section
yeah that’s the one I read

Wow, interesting as I thought the Pro-4X had remote start as a standard feature. Hopefully you didn't get robbed from the other cool keyfob feature which lets you roll the windows down with the engine off. I thought I needed to use the remote start for the hot Texas summers (In Dallas here as well), but using that window down feature really helps for those few seconds walking up to your car in the Texas heat.

Great looking Titan, and as I'm in Dallas too, sorry but you may not be the only Titan in the area. ;P
With your remote start does it activate the climate controls?

I don’t mind there being others. But I do like that there aren’t many out there. I read that Nissan sold 36k Titans last year compared to Ford that sold almost a million F150’s. When it comes to this I like being in the minority.

·
Registered
352 Posts
yeah that’s the one I read

With your remote start does it activate the climate controls?

I don’t mind there being others. But I do like that there aren’t many out there. I read that Nissan sold 36k Titans last year compared to Ford that sold almost a million F150’s. When it comes to this I like being in the minority.
It does. I think it turns on whatever temp was last set at. I'm not sure if automatic climate control is standard on all Titans, but I think it has to have Climate Control and not just A/C in order to come on during the remote start session.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,337 Posts
our turns on to whatever we had it set at when i remote start. the seat heaters came on also. i checked this morning since it was almost at freezing temps at my house.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does. I think it turns on whatever temp was last set at. I'm not sure if automatic climate control is standard on all Titans, but I think it has to have Climate Control and not just A/C in order to come on during the remote start session.
Mine has the automatic climate controls. Owners manual says when remote started, based on outside temps the system will automatically come on and turn on the heat or the AC.
our turns on to whatever we had it set at when i remote start. the seat heaters came on also. i checked this morning since it was almost at freezing temps at my house.
Yeah I dont like it that way. Thats how my Expedition is. My issue is here in TX it could be freezing when I leave for work and when I get off I might need the AC.
For as much money as I spent on this thing I need it to do a little thinking for itself lol!
Congrats on your new truck!
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,337 Posts
Same here. I am in south texas. There is a few days of the year where it's cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon. Mostly it's hot in the morning than really hot, though

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine has the automatic climate controls. Owners manual says when remote started, based on outside temps the system will automatically come on and turn on the heat or the AC.

Yeah I dont like it that way. Thats how my Expedition is. My issue is here in TX it could be freezing when I leave for work and when I get off I might need the AC.
For as much money as I spent on this thing I need it to do a little thinking for itself lol!

Thanks
I do wish Nissan Connect was like the Kia mobile app. I could set the temperature with the app to whatever temperature I wanted. About the one thing I hated about Kia is that remote start was a dealer addon. It was an extra key-fob as well.

Oh and I just noticed that you have a front license plate bracket. My Nissan salesman insisted that there is no front license plate bracket so I've been driving around without a front plate for this whole time. I personally don't mind not having one as I like the look without it. So far I haven't been pulled over, knock on wood.

·
Registered
2021, Nissan Titan Pro-4X in Red Alert
21 Posts
I do wish Nissan Connect was like the Kia mobile app. I could set the temperature with the app to whatever temperature I wanted. About the one thing I hated about Kia is that remote start was a dealer addon. It was an extra key-fob as well.

Oh and I just noticed that you have a front license plate bracket. My Nissan salesman insisted that there is no front license plate bracket so I've been driving around without a front plate for this whole time. I personally don't mind not having one as I like the look without it. So far I haven't been pulled over, knock on wood.
My licensed plate holder was in the stowaway with the first aid kit. I prefer it without it also.

·
Registered
2021, Nissan Titan Pro-4X in Red Alert
21 Posts

That looks rad. My last truck, a RAM Laramie was black and it did show scratches and dirt easily.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Same here. I am in south texas. There is a few days of the year where it's cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon. Mostly it's hot in the morning than really hot, though
Boy are you right about that. I hate TX weather and the heat.

I cant figure the Nissan Connect app out. Every time I open it it says everything is unavailable and cant tell me anything. I have that KAHU app that the salesman told me about and thats just a GPS locator for the truck

Yeah I to prefer no front plate but Ive been pulled over for not having one so I figure since its there I'll leave it. If had to drill holes and mount it then I probably would go with out it

My licensed plate holder was in the stowaway with the first aid kit. I prefer it without it also.
Theres a first aid kit?

That looks rad. My last truck, a RAM Laramie was black and it did show scratches and dirt easily.
Yeah thats just a part of having a black vehicle. I wanted the Baja color but they wanted an extra grand for just the color and I said screw that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Boy are you right about that. I hate TX weather and the heat.

I cant figure the Nissan Connect app out. Every time I open it it says everything is unavailable and cant tell me anything. I have that KAHU app that the salesman told me about and thats just a GPS locator for the truck

Yeah I to prefer no front plate but Ive been pulled over for not having one so I figure since its there I'll leave it. If had to drill holes and mount it then I probably would go with out it

Theres a first aid kit?

Yeah thats just a part of having a black vehicle. I wanted the Baja color but they wanted an extra grand for just the color and I said screw that.
Have you set up an account first? NissanConnect | Nissan USA Make sure you use an email address that's tied to your phone or your phone may pull the wrong email information. You'll need your SN and may need to go to your truck to confirm access.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts