Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new here, but have had my 04 Crew Cab 4x4 SE since Jan 05. I have been into early Ford Broncos and Suzuki Samurais, but have decided I want a lifted truck with modern comfort now (guess I am getting old). I love this truck, and now I want to lift it. I have a couple of questions, and again, please forgive me if these have been answered before, as I am new to this site.

1. Does this lift void the factory warranty? I have 30000 miles on the truck.

2. I am goin with the 6" Pro Comp and 35's. How will it affect my power?

3. How much does it cost to get the speedo recalibrated?

4. Any problems caused by the lift.

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

DKM

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
I don't have a lift, but yes, all of these questions have been answered before. From what I've read,

1) The dealer has to prove that the lift caused the component to fail. If it's a standard warranty item, it should be covered, but some dealerships are better at giving you crap than others.

2) 35's shouldn't give you all that much of a noticable loss in power. However, with the addition of a CAI and exhaust, you will get a little boost that you may lose by upsizing. Also the 2* timing advance will get you a little bit of low end grunt.

3) Presently, there is no speedometer recalibration available. At least none that I know of.

4) You will need steprails to get in and out. Chicks usually dig it, but again, need help getting in. Butt boosts work, if you know them well. :D

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome... Do you still have your zooki?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I still have it, and am tryin to sell it to fund the titan lift and tires....Its a bad little rig...Also still have the early bronco 69 half cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I am getting it lifted next week...ProComp or Fabtech 6"....thats the easy part.

Now I need to decide on the tires...

Mudgrapplers, TerraGrapplers, or Kumho RoadVenture MT?

I want a good tread lift, and well only be going on the beach with it, not much offroading.

What do the wise peopleof TitanTalk think?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
VTHokieTitan said:
Mudgrapplers, TerraGrapplers, or Kumho RoadVenture MT?
Kumho, kumho, kumho! but I haven't had the others on my truck so I'm a little biased..............I've had them for a year, daily driver and done a fair amount of off-roading (for a 2wd and not as much as Kartman), desert, baja, etc. and they've worn pretty well.........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I made the payment and made the decision to go with the Mud Grapplers. The Kumhos where actually more expensive then the Grapplers, and I like the look, so I made the plunge

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to be running the Mud Grapplers on the stock wheels. I am worried now about the rubbing? Will they rub with a procomp 6" on a stock wheel. If so, I need to order some spacers pronto!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts