Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long time viewer, first time member. Glad to be finally on titan talk. When I first got my Titan last yr in Feb. didn’t know there was such a site. Thankfully I hit the right search item on Google and found this site. Now I’m looking to update my Titan and looking for a little help to get me going. When I first got my Titan I’d really wanted LE or SE crew cab 4X4 all black I didn’t really care for the chrome bumper I wanted all black front. Couldn’t afford it back than but I lucked out and found the Titan I wanted under 20.000 miles and $4500 under asking price. Now the new 2008s have the style I want the Pro 4X looks very nice. But is just me or did the dashboard get a little lower and the seats get smaller or lower from the 04 I can’t tell?

I have an XE 04 Titan with 33,000 miles on it not bad for a 04. Looking to get a Flowmaster muffler or Magnaflow nothing to expensive. 50 or 60 maybe 70 series, looking to get performance don’t like the big dome sound inside cab. Is it possible two switch out the factory muffler with new and keep factory Y pipes well it give a good sound still? Also other up grades K&N air flow system, Ultimate black Bull Bar, A Mini left kit and a stainless steal billet grille and the 2 degree timing. I talk to my dealer for that and they don’t know what I’m talking about. I guess I’ll keep looking. For the parts do I go to eBay, MSN shopping, 4wheelparts, or the nearest auto parts store like AutoZone or O'Reilly Auto Parts. Are those my best bet? Thanks a lot guys looking forward from hearing from you all! Sorry so long!:futwice:

O4 TITAN Galaxy Black 4X2 XE, 2Alpine Subwoofers,2Alpine 600 watt amps, 18” Chrome Whls W/Oversized All Terrain Tires,Big Tow package.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
93,863 Posts
Weclome to the site! I would install a complete cat-bak exhaust system on your 04. The performance gains will be much better than just replacing the muffler. You need to search the net for the best price, sometimes it's on e-bay and other times you will find better prices at online parts sites. There is an abundance of information in the performance modification section, and there is a sticky there on the 2 degree advance. The search function works well also.

Good luck and enjoy your truck!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome. If you just want to replace the stock muffler the magnaflow 12256 is the muffler you want. Some people say that flowmaster actually makes you loose power, but I can't attest to that. http://www.performancepeddler.com/ is a great site for getting performance parts at agreat price. You can also check out some of the site sponsors like Stillen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply! I well look into that site and I heard that too about flowmaster. I will look more into Magnaflow. As for replacing the whole cat back system would be $700 or more. Looking to spend about $300 to $400 tops for the exhaust system. If it means better performance and sound for my Titan Im all for it but ouch on the prices. Thanks Again!

O4 TITAN Galaxy Black 4X2 XE, 2 Alpine Subwoofers,2 Alpine 600 watt amps, 18” Chrome Whls W/Oversized All Terrain Tires,Big Tow package.

·
Super Moderator
93,863 Posts
I paid about $420 delivered for a complete JBA catback system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts