Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 KC 4x4
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say thanks to all of you that post on here regularly. I found this site last year when researching the purchase of a 2004 KC SE 4x4. The information I found, especially the thread on updating the early models led me to purchase my Titan. I was able to see from real owners how they felt about their trucks and what I could expect in the way of issues down the road.

About my Titan, it's a 2004 Silver, King Cab, 4x4. I found it at a Nissan dealer outside Pittsburg, PA with 34,XXX miles and decided to make the trip over and see it. Loved it from first sight!!! The only issues with the truck after 1 1/2 years of ownership and 24,XXX miles were replacing the break lines from the ABS actuator down to the frame rail blocks, replacing the rear calipers due to bleeders breaking off, a new set of tires (General Grabber AT2), and some rust on the bed above the drivers side wheel. (Trying to load a photo but having an issue with the file size)

Look forward to doing some things to it, starting with a set of 5100's and leveling the front since I'm replacing the outer tie rod ends and will need an alignment anyway. Next on the list, I'm thinking about changing to the headers and UPREV via Cajun. After that, who knows?

Thanks for the advice and look forward to learning more.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hey another Ohio Titan!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Congrats on the low mile find. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Sweet! Looks nice! Since you've doing the Billy's I'd go ahead and combine what with the Moog4×4 coils so that way you can get a bit more lift and still have a nice ride on the middle perch

·
Registered
2004 KC 4x4
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet! Looks nice! Since you've doing the Billy's I'd go ahead and combine what with the Moog4×4 coils so that way you can get a bit more lift and still have a nice ride on the middle perch
Are the Moog coils any better? (Also, do I really need to change the springs?) I haven't seen anything about them on the threads.

Just a couple questions for you:
Will I need to change the sway bar links? Don't recall seeing that addressed.
What is the true lift you get from the Bilsteins? I had read in the thread that no matter what setting (1 or 2) you are only going to get 1 1/2" and to add a spacer. Reading the PRG site though says they don't suggest any spacers without aftermarket upper arms. What to believe? (hence, ask the guys that have tried these things)

If you consider that a "newbie" question, it is. I'm 47 years old and this is my first 4x4. Always had 4x2 small trucks before. My last one was a 1998 Frontier that I got from family when they tired of it. I let it go with 200k miles on it.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Your truck is an 04' so without actually seeing it in person I'm just assuming the coils are probably overdue and could be sagging. The OEM shocks could be worn and putting all the weight and stress on the coils...I dunno but for $100 might as well do some preventative maintenance and upgrade those coils. The Moog4×4 coils actually give you enough lift to eliminate the need of a leveling spacer...that's why most guys prefer doing the Billy/Moog combo. But there are quite a few who still add spacers but I'm not exactly sure how big of a spacer?

I would go ahead and replace those end links with PRG's which are only what $70 or something? Just preventative maintenance. Wouldn't hurt since your replacing your suspension components.

As far as overall lift you can get 2" from the Billy's if you decide to put it on the top perch combine with the Moog coils another 1"+ so around 3"+ I believe? You'll have to search as there's plenty of threads here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts