Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! After months of researching trucks and deciding I had too many vehicles I sold off my 1997 Toyota T100 and 2000 Honda S2000 and bought a 2015 Titan SV King Cab. The price could not be beat, even considering the higher miles for the year sitting at 105k right now. It had been owned by a business which clearly had some big vinyl wrap on it, because I've been finding little bits of vinyl to peel off. But that also kept the paint is very good condition, and that small business owner always had a shop do the maintenance - which showed on the carfax giving me confidence.

I've also been doing homework on forums and found a few posts here interesting. Giving me some projects beyond regular maintenance. First thing I'm doing is that axle vent modification. After that is going to be throwing on some Bilstein 5100's, which is fine because the OEM shocks are pretty tired anyways. Then if my headers crack soon I'll be throwing on some Flowtech headers.

Also on my drive home I averaged 19.9 mpg, which isn't too bad at all!

·
Premium Member
70,133 Posts
Use JBA headers. Contact the guys at Cajun for these. If you got 19.9 MPG, you must have gone downhill the whole way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on elevation between the cities it was actually uphill! It was all back roads with 55 mph speed limits and no traffic, so that must be a sweet spot for mileage. The tires on it are Nokian Rotviia AT's that are low rolling resistance, so that might help a little bit. On road trips with the gas mileage displayed I usually make a game out of keeping that number high lol.

I've heard great things about the Cajun team, I'm sure I'll get in touch with them at some point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First mod done, added some yellow Laminex fog light covers! Next cosmetic mod is going to be de-chroming a bit by Plasti dipping the grill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts