Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.

I've been visiting the site for quite a while. Just got my new Titan a week ago and decided to join the fun.

My truck is Red Brawny LE 4X4, all the regular options and 18" wheels. It's been snowy and slick here in Colorado and the Big-T has already proved it can handle bad weather.

I've always driven Fords and have had good luck with them all. They were all dependable and none of them gave me any trouble. When it was time to update, I was resigned to the fact that I would get the new F150...until I gave one a test drive. The F150 is a beautiful truck, quiet, drives nice, but "It ain't got no GO!!!" When I drove it, I was really dissapointed, since I sorta had my heart set on one. I figured I'd wait a year or two until they did something about that gutless engine.

Then I started to research the Titan. My wife has driven Maximas for years and has always liked them. Well, long story short, I test drove the Titan and ordered it when we got back to the lot. It was just what the doctor ordered.

On the whole, I like everything about the T. However, I'm not gonna pound sand and tell you that everything has been perfect. The day I brought it home, I was transferring my stuff from my old truck and I lost all electric. Totally dead. I checked and tightened all the battery connections and nothing worked. Finally, I jumped it with my wife's Maxima and it came back to life.
Haven't had a problem since.

A couple of other things: It's developed a rattle in the passenger-side door panel, but I don't think that'll be any problem. They should be able to find it easily and make the repair. Finally, like many others, I didn't receive the Coin Tray. I've asked my dealer to check into it.

Sorry, I didn't intend to get quite so long-winded. I'm just excited about my truck. As a "newbee", I hope this post works.

You can see a few pictures of my truck at: http://home.comcast.net/~bender.company/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

Remember the Troops!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Colorado,

Welcome to the 'Dark Side'. You know of course the first Ford owner to read this is gonna be all over you! ROFL

Seriously though. Welcome to the board and we salute you on your choice!

(BTW she is puuurty)

Chris

·
Registered
780 Posts
lost all electric

welcome to the Titan gang!

my dealer man advised me to run the Titan on the highway for 45+ minuits to fully charge the battery (which has been sitting "quiet" since being installed at the factory)

so the "problem" may really be with the Nissan salesman/new car prep man, not the truck.

Titan rocks :rockon

·
Super Moderator
35,629 Posts
Your New Titan!

Nice Truck!

The Red Brawn looks sharp in the Colorado snow.

I agree with your assessment of the F150, I did the same thing and the engine was gutless compared to the Titan. One drive and I knew I wanted it!

Titan fever!:fever:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts