Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure I would post this up with its own thread to make the search for others easier. I work at Infiniti and came across these new sway bushings for the Infiniti QX56. Some of the Qx56s were having front end suspension clunk sounds, apparently it was from the poor design of the sway bar bushings. So they came out with a new design, the split is no longer in the middle. They moved it up higher, so that the sway bar won't slip through and hit metal. I installed them Sunday but haven't had a chance to try them out. These were about $5 my cost for both, so I figure even at retail price they shouldn't be more then $10 for both. I had planned on picking up a set of the polyurathane ones but they are the same design as stock, so that was a no go for me. Here are the pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
In the winter I tend to get a horrible sqeak from the bushings on my 2007 Armada when going over speed bumps. PB Blaster seems to stop it for the season but I wonder if these would fix it for good?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I put those same ones on my T about 5 months ago. No more clunk or squeak, and I got them from the dealership.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
those are what my pro4x came with stock...have had no issues with noises due to the sway bar and have tried it both with or without it on

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I need to do this TSB on my truck too, and you just saved me from replacing like with like.

EDIT: The Nissan TSB (NTB10-072) for this issue covers the Titan, Armada, Pathfinder, Frontier, and Xterra. The p/n of the bushing you put in is referenced for the Pathfinder V6, Frontier I4, and all Xterras. The recommended p/n for the Titan is different, and so again is the one for the Armada (QX56). Kind of weird, but I'm glad the one you used is designed a little different to prevent the problem for occurring again, even if Nissan doesn't reference it for our trucks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks Satx! I had a major squeak in the front. I bought the bushings at the dealer for $4 a piece, took me 20 minutes and the squeak is gone. Now I have the clunk to fix and we're good to go.

·
Registered
496 Posts
will the new ones fit an 06 armada? i believe so, just want someone else to confirm
Yes they will fit, the titan and armada bushings have the same part number. I put these on my titan along with the cst endlinks, and have no noise anymore.:)

·
Registered
356 Posts
do you think this will stop my squeeking when i turn my steering wheel? i have the urethane bushings now that i thought would get rid of the squeek but now its worse.mine doesnt squeek over speed bumps that much just when i turn the front wheels

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
my titan has these bushing since new. I did have the poly bushings but they sqeaked badly when it was cold, so I put on a new set fo the oem bushing and never had any issues since.
I did order some new one last week to along with new PVC valves from www.everythingnissan.com

·
Registered
370 Posts
does energy have a direct replacement poly with greasable metal attachments.?? other causes of squeek may be the control arm bushings wearing or rubber starting to crack and slop. plus they don't grease them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts